Monday, July 5, 2010

Uninspired

Sorry I've been lagging on my blogs as of late.. I guess I just havent had much to talk about.

For the last few days, Belgium has been experiencing a rather crappy heatwave. Normally, I can handle heat even though a "heat wave" where I'm from consists of 80 degrees. Here, it's been in the 90's with obnoxious humidity. It's absolutely miserable! Luckily, it finally cooled down a lil today (in the 70's) with some scattered showers..but looking ahead for the rest of the week, it looks as if the hot weather is making a come back :( Boo! The only "good" thing about the heat is that it kills my appetite.. all in all, I've lost 5 pounds since last week..no complaints there!

In light of the ridiculous heat, I looked up the weather history for Rome considering I know it's gonna be hot there...and yup, it'll be in the 90's during the time period we'd be there. After some talking and such, Eric and I agree'd that it'd be for the best that we move our trip back to November since it'll be considerably cooler by then.  Sure, 90 degree's isnt all THAT bad, but it's the humidity that completely zaps us of any motivation / energy..and in all honesty, we don't wanna go all the way to Rome just to hide out in a hotel room. The hotel we booked was nice enough to slide our reservation to the time we wanted in November, all the other stuff we arrainged has been taken care of.. the only thing we'll take a hit on is our flight tickets. They're non refundable, but, I can move them to the date we wanna fly out. Only thing is, they charge an obscene amount (145 euro) to move it to the new date.VERY lame!

Tomorrow, Eric and I will be heading over to Koln, Germany to check out "The Dome of Koln", which is an amazing cathedral. I seriously love europe because of it's history, some of the cultural things, but I absolutely love their cathedrals because of the elaborate architecture. I guess it's gonna be considered a date day for us since we'll be checking that place out in addition to hitting the Hard Rock Cafe.

Errrr...that's all for now.

0 comments: