Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Three

I can't believe that Eric and I have been married for THREE years already! Man! Time flies!

I know I know. Three years doesn't seem like much since I know some people who have been dating for 5+ years, but I'm still happy with the end result, lol. Some people function better in terms of dating, while others function well as married. I suppose it just depends on the couple.

Yesterday we had a "Date Day" and went up to Aachen, Germany since that seems to be a favorite lil spot for us. Luckily, the weather was nice! Lately it's been super humid and somewhat miserable because it feels like we're on the East Coast...and to be frank, West Coast peeps don't like hot/humid/muggy weather. So, we went up there, had some amazing sushi at a place called "Crazy Sushi", walked around for a bit and people watched. Tell ya what, Europeans are the most entertaining to watch aside from the people in Las Vegas International... they always have interesting outfits on or they're COMPLETELY oblivious to their surroundings (cutting someone off, almost causing accidents). Great stuff!

We stopped off at my favorite oil & vinegar place and picked up some more Walnut Olive Oil. Sure, it sounds weird..but it's AWESOME stuff! Whenever I make pasta's or even rice, the walnut flavor adds a lil more of a rustric flavor to the food. LOVE it!

Then we went over to the local Starbucks and chilled there for a bit since that's what we did on our first date. Yes, yes. Mushy stuff. But, it's "our" mushy stuff. On our way out, I picked up a Starbucks city mug for one of my friends here since she's been meaning to get one, PLUS, I picked up a "travel" to-go cold cup. Ya know the ones they use for cold drinks? Well, they sell a "permanent" style one with a screw on lid and a little stopper on the straw to keep you from losing it. You're probably thinking "You're so stupid for buying that!", but ya know what.. I collect this kinda stuff, so boo on you! I just have to make a point to tell John not to throw it out just incase he thinks it's trash, lol


Thinking back on all the things we've done together, some of the up's and down's we've experienced over time and such, I'm so grateful to have him in my life! I couldn't imagine my world without him :)

2 comments:

Nikki Marie said...

oh this makes me smile really big (: you guys are definitely the cutest and I'm so lucky to have ya'll in my life and have been able to meet and spend time with you as well! love you tons <3

Niy said...

You know those sbux cups come with the stripey red and white Christmas straws too...right? :)