Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hum..

As I sit here on my assumingly Ikea pleather couch, surveying my temporarily apartment and listen to one of my pukey dogs slopping her jowls nonstop.. it kinda dawns on me..

Is THIS what I get to look forward to for the next 3 YEARS?

Yes, we're moving into our house in almost 3 weeks..yes, I'll be busy setting up the house, putting OUR things in place, decorating, repainting and such... but..then what? What else do I get to do after that? Getting a job here is about as scarce as the DoDo Bird, so I get to stay home. Whee. Yes, I can venture around and "see" places which I fully intend on doing.. but everytime I want to do something, it's a matter of "safety" since I'm an American in a foreign country. Apparently there's 10,000 registered terrorists in Belgium. In BELGIUM.. WHERE? This country is so small, it's hard to fathom that amount, especially here.

I'm gonna go stir crazy with 3 years of no work.. I wanna feel like I'm contributing to my family rather than sitting on my ass all day looking at the clock & wondering when Eric and John are coming home. I've attempted some job applications already, odds are, I'm not gonna get them considering other spouses who have been here longer will get them first. By the time I probably do get a job (that isnt a 40 minute drive for minimum wage pay), it'll be time to move again.

Just AGH!!! I'm really frustrated right now. And Cali won't stop smackin her damn chops which isn't helping me what so ever right now.......

2 comments:

Nikki Marie said...

oh erika =( haha for some reason I figured you'd go a little stir crazy over there! I'm sure you'll figure out something to do once you're actually in your house. I know it can't be much fun right now because you're just in your temp apartment, but I'm sure you'll find things to do once you're actually in the house!

I miss you love! ♥

Kait said...

Yes, staying home sucks sometimes! You're so good at so many artistic things! Is there anyway you could work from home doing something with your skills in that area? Or just do it to enjoy it? :) You'll find something to do! Oh and just crumple up some paper and throw it at Cali, she'll quit ;)