Sunday, March 15, 2009

*Lovey Love Love*

I've been looking into a bike ever since we got here since, well, bikes are literally the main source of transportation. Our house is in the country, but it's not TOO far from town.. but I don't wanna drive my Xterra into town just for a few items since gas isn't all that cheap (even with a ration card), but walking with all the stuff is gonna get old, fast.

I've been eye balling this bike ever since we got here, but it's just way too expensive and I'd feel super guilty for spending that much. We went all the way to Germany today, checked out bikes... Eric and John ended up getting bikes for themselves, but those bikes are meant for screwin' around with. The bike I want is meant for (literally) grocery shopping and being a errand runner.We got back and Eric disappeared for a lil bit.. then he came back and said,"Come here, I need you to give Mister Jovan some information".



Eric got me the bike I've been wanting!!!! It's got a welded luggage rack (really important for here), self regenerating headlight (there's a generator that's in the front wheel), an automatic functioning brake light that responds to my handle bars, a front removable basket (to take into the grocery store since you DO NOT get the luxury of being asked, "paper or plastic?"), front suspension because of the cobblestone, a wheel lock for the back wheel so you don't have to worry about a lock & chain, 8 shifting gears...ahhh!!! I'M EXCITED!!



The owner was really awesome.. he tried his best to speak English & was super informative. He asked me if I could pick it up on Monday since they're closed tomorrow.. I have NO problem waiting, especially since I'm literally right next door. Since I wasnt upset about having to wait, he took 6% off (yay!) then he filled out the form for the VAT Tax (Belgium has a 21% sales tax), so, that form he's giving us allows for us to get that 21% back. *The bike pictured below is the model I'm getting, but mine is a different color. The gray part is actually Navy Blue, the blue part is Navy as well..and the orange lettering is lime green. Definitely different coloring, especially since my luggage bags are purple, lmao.*











I GET MY BIKE ON MONDAY!!! EEEEEEEEE!!!!!


As for other news... Eric, John and I went to Germany yesterday to check out Spangdahlem AFB.. on the way there, the drive was absolutely gorgeous. I seriously love living in Europe because the countryside is just breath taking. Sure, it rains here alot, but I'd rather have the rain and beautiful scenery verses vey very dry / brown landscape like we had at Vandenberg.

Side silly note...

I'm sure you'll think I'm immature or just plain silly..but everytime I saw one of *these* signs, I just started gigglin' non stop. It means "Drive Out", but just saying it sounds like "AW-FART"..anything with "fart" is just laughable...or gag worthy.Hum.



0 comments: