Friday, March 12, 2010

Come to Mamma!

I finally caved in. I couldn't take it any longer....

This lovely speciman has been officially "laid off". It's a horrible...HORRIBLE vacuum cleaner! Using my broom on the rug was more productive!


Eric bought it when we first got here since we had to leave our beloved Dyson Animal with my Dad. I didn't wanna risk bringing it here and attempting to run it through a transformer..lord knows I know a few gals here who have done that with their vacuum cleaners only to hear horror stories of something burning followed by a "POP" sound...and a dead vacuum.

I've been debating back and forth about getting myself a 220v Dyson. Yes, we "only" have two years left here..but damnit.. I'm not going to suffer with a shitty vacuum for two more years! After working my ass off this last pay period, I got a nice fatty check. Given, I could put that money towards a mini trip or something.. but my house is suffering and I can only sweep so much without my arm starting to look like Pop-Eye.

After thinking about it long and hard...not to mention, the other "vacuum" finally pissed me off enough.. I hopped onto Dysons website and checked out their different models. The euro models are pretty different from the ones they offer stateside..mainly, their vacuumes are the smaller "canister" style rather than the tall uprights like we use. I mean, you CAN get the uprights, but you're gonna pay through the nose. By the way.. it's not like the Belgians will lemme buy a Dyson in American Dollars... of course I gotta pay in Euro's. That, alone, is expensive.


This is the model I ended up getting:

It's a nifty lil canister vac. Maybe weighs like 3lbs? The collection canister pops off nicely and it works UHHHH--MAZING! It was 319 euro, which converts to about $440. When you think about it though, that's an average for what the Dysons run in the States..so I can't really bitch too much about the price, ya know?

Sorry Mr. Piece-O-Shit vacuum..you're fired!

0 comments: