Sunday, March 7, 2010

Steal of a Deal!!!

One of my friends here is gettin' ready to move back to the States. Like any normal Military family, when you PCS (Permanent Change of Station), you usually end up unloading a bunch of stuff before the movers come since we're alloted only a certain amount of weight. Anything over the alloted weight is something we have to pay out of pocket (it can get rather expensive if you're a total horder).

Well, she emailed me a link to the local yard sale site..just to humor her, I checked it out. Since we're SUCH a small base, there's rarely ever anything updated or of interest that's added to the site for sale. So, I hopped on and noticed a link for "wood chest", clicked on it and fell INLOVE with this wooden "treasure box" looking chest!

I emailed her for it (yay) and told her I'd swing by later on in the evening to check it out. This thing is basically BRAND NEW! It still smells like cedar (very strong) and she got this back in 2001 (she thinks) from when she was in the dessert for a TDY. This whole time, she hasnt really used it for anything, lol.

It's now sitting comfortably upstairs in our guest room :) I figured we could use it for my Dads socks and shoes since we have a smaller dresser up there for him. Not to mention, he can keep some of his medical supplies in it.

By the way... $100 for this bad boy. YEAH. STEAL OF A DEAL!




3 comments:

Team Hayes said...

Beautiful! And, Bargain!

BelgiumBarb said...

I love this! I can't believe she was getting rid of it for only $100. I want one too. Beautiful.

Kaysie said...

That's gorgeous!