Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oppsie

I forgot to post about these lil' things I picked up while Eric and I were in Germany the other day....

There's a place right outside of Ramstein called "The Big Emma's"..it's got AMAZING, traditional German food. I think I posted about that place several months ago..and I didn't take any pics of the food this time around considering we got it to go. BUT, I went to their beloved website and aquired some pictures for you so you can see what I'm talking about:

Schnitzel

Chicken Salad

This is a HALF size Hamburger...HALF. The full size is the size of a sheering wheel. Seriously.

Here's what the inside of the joint looks like:
And outside...

ANYWAY...back to the whole reason why I started this post, lol... While we were waiting for our food, I saw that they actually sell a lil "Big Emma" figurine. Sure, it might be silly to buy her, but come on.. that place rocks. The employee's are really nice, the food is amazing and we've never had a bad experience there. SO, here's my official Emma's goody:


Within Ramsteins BX / PX, there's a little shop that sells random european signs and such. You can have custom made stuff or just buy a blank plate if you so desire. Being how we're stationed in Belgium, I thought it'd be pretty cool to get a mini license plate (Belgian, of course) with our town on it. I WOULD'VE gotten "Kleine Brogel" on it, but you only have 9 characters allowed..otherwise, I would've gotten a German plate (Those have a "D" on it) and had "Vandegrift" put on it..alas, my maiden name has 10 characters. DAMN! Anyway, here's the sign I had made...the guy was REALLY nice and made it right then & there:


I also picked up a mini "Ausfahrt" sign :) It's going to be positioned right outside of our bathroom..hahahaa...

0 comments: