Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'll be on a boat

By "boat", I actually mean ferry.

On Friday, my Dad and I will be heading over to Ostend since we leave on a ferry boat to England early on Saturday morning. I kinda figured it'd be better to head out on Friday (mid morning or so) and take our time getting there since it's past Brugge..check out the local area and figure out where the Ferry office is so I won't get lost when it's time to load the truck. I havent been in a boat (or ferry, for that matter), in a VERY long time.. since atleast 1996. The last time I remember being on a boat was when I went whale watching with my Grandparents and I got SERIOUSLY seasick...it was rather pitiful and oh so miserable. HOPEFULLY, it won't be like that for this trip since it'll take 4 hours to go from Belgium to England! Four hours of pure misery will feel like an eternity..

Here's some pics I was able to find on Ostend:




Truth be told, I'm pretty damn nervous about driving my truck around England. Personally, I really DIDN'T want to take my Xterra over there, but after doing the math...we'd be saving roughly about $700 if we didn't have to get a rental. Dad and I will be staying at a Bed and Breakfast place somewhere near Suffolk (where my Grandpa lives) for a week.. in the meantime, we'll be checking out different parts of the countryside and hopefully NOT crashing my truck. I really wish Eric and John were able to join us since it'll be a fun trip, but Johns Spring Break will be over by then and Eric can't seem to get any time off (that's a whole other story). SO, it's just Dad and I on this trip.

I'm pretty sure we'll be checking out alot of war museums, RAF stuff and seeing alot of sights. As tempting as it sounds, I'm curious about London, but not willing to drive my wheels through that place. Odds are, I'll take out a building while taking a corner or something considering everything is kinda cluttered...and on the wrong side of the road things freaks me out, too.

Either way, I'm excited to go!

0 comments: