Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Distraction

My Dad has officially invaded Belgium. To be specific: my house.

He flew in a few days ago through Amsterdam via KLM airlines...that's the first time I've ever been to that specific airport. Normally, people go through Brussels International, but, it was $400 cheaper if he just went to Amsterdam. Plus, Eric and I didn't mind picking him up from there considering it's an awesome city..AND, they have the Hard Rock restraunt :) I felt kinda bad though since earlier this week, I told him to bring some warmer weather clothes considering it WAS warm (think around the low 70's) and all he had sent over was meant for cold cold weather stuff. Well. Murphys' Law hit him because once we were on the road, it was hailing pellot size pieces of ice. Not only that, it wasn't coming down at an angle like you'd expect..nah.. it came as it were horizonal. By the time the hail stopped, the ground looked as if it were snowing for a while! That's crazy! Plus..the whole way home, we weer fighting a very nasty rain storm and severe winds.. go freaking figure! All the while, my Dad is thinking I totally BS'd him about it being warm here, lol. Oh well.. I was telling the truth! I can't control the weather!

I'll update more as I plug along...

0 comments: