Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Curlformers 2.0

"I busted out my awesomeCurlformers since I KNEW Stef was gonna fall inlove with them. I've attempted several times to do them in my hair, but I'm "girly challenged" and have a hell of a time when it comes to putting them in...sooo I got some practice in with Stefs hair :) 





Instead of me attempting to remotely explain (correctly) how to use these, here's a video by the actual company:


I spent about an hour putting them in Stefs hair since hers is SO thick (lucky!)...this is how they turned out the next morning since she left 'em in all night long:

Awesome, right?? 


I ended up using the curlers on my hair this morning, but the results didn't come out as awesome as Stefs. Oh well, at least I got some volume! lol


After:





Ok, so I did that blog entry on the 15th of October. I actually ended up giving Stefanie that set of Curlformers because she REALLY loved 'em. Think in terms of her hugging them all. Yeah. LOVE. Anyway, since my hair is so thin, I figured I should try to switch over to "Long & Extra Wide" Curlformers to try to make thicker curls :


In case you're confused as to how different my " Long and Extra Wide" curlers are compared to the "Extra Long & Wide"...here's a fabulous example to show the various sizes:


Short and Narrow (blue and green)
Long and Extra Wide (yellow and magenta)
Long and Narrow (blue and green)
Extra Long and Wide (pink and orange)



Mine are the yellow and magenta color :)

So, I did the whole song and dance with putting all the curlers in my hair before I went to bed. I'm REALLY not used to doing this sort of thing, especially on my own..so it was definitely a "learn as you go" type of experience:


Here's how it looks from side to side:



When I walked around the house with them on, I was called all kinds of names...like "Rasta Erika" or even "Coolio"...I'm pretty sure my Dad was getting a massive kick outta them! Truth be told, they're REALLY not comfortable to sleep in! They feel like a stiff seat belt material, so it was hard to find a way where I could drift of to sleepy land without them pulling my hair really bad. Despite all my effort to sleep well..it just wasn't possible so I got up at 3am to take 'em out, but this is how my hair looked after having the Curlformers in for seven hours:


Not too shabby, hunh? Thicker curls and it added more volume to my hair, which is desperately needed! Yes, I have some crazy roots showing, but I managed to get my hair touched up yesterday..but I took these pics a few days earlier :) PS: Apologies for the less than enthusiastic picture, lol. I was REALLY tired due to the lack of sleep / tossing & turning all night. 

All in all, these are very cool curlers! From now on, I think I'll put 'em in after a shower then I'll just lightly blow dry them into shape rather than waiting however long it takes hair to dry naturally (which is forever with me). 


Photobucket

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yayness! They look amazing! I do love love love love mine..THANK YOU AGAIN! I have to tell you, I put them in one morning (instead of sleeping in them like I normally do) and I blow dried my hair...and I'm sad to say...they didn't work. I hope yours turn out amazing, so you don't have to keep them in so long. XOXO