Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pocket Peeper

Alrighty...I've had Piper for...hmmm.... just a smidge over two months now. This little fluff ball is pretty spoiled, not even gonna lie. She's pretty traveled since I take her everywhere with me due to her very social personality; she's never barked at someone while we've been out & about and she enjoys meeting other dogs where ever we go. Honest to gawd, she's this little walking ball of sunshine and I get a lot of compliments on her. 

As I mentioned a few posts ago, I now have "Steve" which is my beloved iMac that I've been trying to get the hang of using. For years, I've been a PC user, so it's taking some time and effort on my part to figure out how to use him correctly and to unlock all of his awesome potential. With the being said, Piper is not digging the lack of attention. Don't get me wrong, she gets fed / watered / played with and what not..but she REALLY likes being a lap dog. I can't say I blame her since I am pretty squishy and I'm always running really warm..she's not a fan of the cold weather here so she practically crawls under my skin to stay warm. 

Well, I was working on Steve this evening due to some very time consuming work I was doing to the support board that I own / run and "Peeper" Piper pops in wanting to sit on my lap. It wasn't the time for snuggles. I'd put her down on the floor with a doggy bed and she just wasn't havin' it. Ok, this is totally what I deserve for spoiling her...I'm working on it. So, I looked around to figure out where I could stick her since she basically wanted to be near me, but warm..and *DING*...I figured it out:


I opened up one of the drawers in my desk and stuck a super fluffy towel in it so it was like a make-shift beddy for her. The white thing you see along the wall is a heater, so not only did she get closer to me, but she was able to stay toasty as well :) And, as you can see, she even wears a little sweater to fight off some of the chill. The poor little thing was used to some gorgeous California weather (in the 70's), then comes here and it's been in the mid 40's, lol. Sucka! 


So, there ya have it. Now I have a little "pop out" pocket beddy for the Peeper whenever she wants to hang out with me in my office. Spoiled dog.