Saturday, April 21, 2012

DVD Downsize!

Ugh..where do I even start...

Eric and I met each other back in 2006. Back then, he had a pretty impressive DVD collection, as did I, so of course when the time came to move in together, our collection got pretty magnificent. Over time, we've accumulated more and more movies / TV shows...it's a little ridiculous to say the least. In our old neighborhood in California, we were basically the local Blockbuster / Hollywood Video.  Friends would always stop by and pick up DVD's (they knew we always had the newest releases) and would bring 'em back later in the week to switch 'em out for something else.  

Yeaaaaahhhh...When the time came for us to move here, it took 12-15 MOVING boxes to move our collection. Le sigh. 

Now that we've been here for three and a half years, our collection hasn't grown as much as it would've if we were stateside, but still, it's grown. In fact, the majority of it is being housed in this wardrobe we picked up last year. The top part is all the DVD's while the bottom drawers are video games. 

LE SIGH. 


The craziness.... the top shelf is two rows deep :-/ 


In about 10 months, we'll be moving again and I'm really on the fence about whether or not we're taking the wardrobe with us. Odds are, it'll stay here, but who knows. In the mean time, I wanna get our DVD's (only the movies) all organized because I don't want to have to dedicate one massive piece of furniture to hold all of that stuff! I mean, come on now! 


So, after hunting through various sites to get ideas as to how I can go about conquering this massive mountain, I finally found a way to do it:

I ended up ordering six of the organizing boxes (all have been re-enforced with Gorilla Glue), got a pack of alphabetical dividers in addition to some CD protectors. Honestly, the CD protectors were the hardest thing to find!  It took me a month to get my hands on them since no one on the local economy seems to carry them (or are reasonably priced) ...thank gawd for Amazon! 




Exciting, right? I know I know..it's too much for me to handle as well. I'll post an update...probably in a month or two, when I have a finished project. 

*whimper*


0 comments: