Saturday, February 6, 2010

Busy Bee

I've been hittin' the gym every day this week, I swear. I just havent really had much time to seriously sit down and FOCUS on blogging. This week was kinda all over the place for me, and I don't know why. Between working out, running errands, working, then round two of the gym...by the time I'm home, it's quality time with John, then Eric gets home, then we're pretty much catching up with one another..then officially crashing out for the night just to repeat the entire cycle the very next day. It's just weird!

As Eric and I are sitting here and finally enjoying some much needed down time, we're watching the various little music channels that SkyTV has to offer. The British confuse me... then again, I'm sure Americans confuse them. Anyway, we were watching their Top 40 Countdown and some of the songs that were on the list are from the 80's. I thought Countdowns were supposed to have current music? Meh, it's Europe... Anyway, one of the songs that came on was "Don't Stop Believin'" by Glee and it was #2 on the countdown. Now.... I grew up on the version from Journey as well as Eric, so it caught both of our attentions when it was being sung by a guy & gal. Given, I know a few gals around here who absolutely ADORE Glee (the show) and I was being open minded about watching it, even though Eric is VERY anti-musical. He'll barely watch Moulin Rouge with me..and that's after I've bribed him. So, within the first 20 seconds of the song.. Eric wanted to toss the remote at the TV cause the girl that's singing some of the lyrics...I'll admit...she's got a fantastic voice, but the pitch is agonizing. Given, I'm a HUGE Journey fan..so hearing their song remade for a musical kinda kills me. Not to mention, the gal sounds like she's trying too hard to be heard. Meh...here's the video incase you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about..needless to say, I won't be watching season 1 of Glee, atleast while Eric's home.



Since we've been watching the music channel, it's atleast helped me add some more songs to my iTouch so now I have additional tunes to jam out to on the treadmill. There's alot of songs I've forgotten about! HA!

I'm sure I'll have more to blog about tomorrow cause in all honesty, I'm drawing a very large blank right now as to what I should write about :)

0 comments: