Sunday, February 7, 2010

Freakin' A

Who ever invented wallpaper is a sadistic mo-fo.

Eric & I have been working on and off this afternoon with taking down all of this hideous wallpaper. Sure, we're only here for another two years..but the paper is freaking ugly and it NEEDS to go away. Not only that, but it's starting to peel off of the wall on it's own in some parts, so we'll have to take it down anyway. Luckily, I managed to score a wall paper steamer so it's kinda helping, but it's still alot of work :( We figured if we'd spend about an hour a day working on the hallway, we should be done by the end of the week...that's not including painting. We have to patch ALOT of holes in the wall since they were all hidden by the wallpaper, then sand it all down and then paint everything. BLAH....  This super sucks because you have to take the top layer off (the pink floral print), then you have to scrap off the part that had the glue on on it (the steamer won't work on the top coat!)

The white wall to the left of Eric is the actual concrete wall..the light beige color you see where he's standing...that's the paper part that's still on the wall :(

If you havent heard of Etsy..well..here ya go: http://www.etsy.com/ I absolutely LOVE that site cause I find some really cool stuff! Given, some of the things are pretty overpriced, but there's some stuff on there you won't really find anywhere else. Here's some candles I managed to score.. they'll go perfectly in those hurricanes I picked up from Party Lite a few weeks ago:



Oh yea! I'm officially down 10 pounds now! WOO! My pants are fitting looser and I'm feeling ALOT better! On base, they're starting a "Biggest Loser" program till July, so I think I'll sign up for it since it gives me lil incentives here and there. It's kinda funny though cause the same things you can win from TBL is the same stuff you can win from the Cardio Club (which I'm currently participating in). At this point, I've racked up 141 miles with the Cardio Club and I have another 110 to go till I get my first prize....which is a pen. Truth be told, if ANYONE tries to take my hard earned pen, odds are, I'd stab them to death with it considering all the hard earned blood, sweat, and tears it took me to get it, lol

Here's my stats for the week in total:

Miles: 25.75
Time: 6.45 hours
Calories Burned: 3,783

0 comments: