Sunday, February 12, 2012

Want Want Want...

I gotta say, over the course of the last three years, I've managed to score some pretty awesome stuff. There's still some things I want to find before we make our great migration back to the lovely United States even though my house is on the verge of bursting due to my current collection. It's a sickness, what can I say? If you had all this stuff at your fingertips, wouldn't you take advantage of it? 

*A church bench* 
Random for me, right? I'm not religious what so ever, yet I want one of these for the (future) foyer when we're done moving around. During my many antique hunting trips, I've stumbled across a few that are beautifully carved and look pretty fantastic. 



In all honesty, I can thank Pinterest for wanting the bench because I love how people have set up a bench with a nice line of hooks for jackets and other goodies. If I manage to get my paws on one, it'd DEFINITELY be used in an area where Eric can kick off his boots and leave his uniform on that rather than scattering them all over the house for me to clean up (our kitchen seems to be a magnet for those things!). Not a fan of being a maid!

*A trunk*
Given, I have two pretty cool trunks, but I want just one more that really *pops* in terms of how our decor is. My husband picked this up for me while he was away for work related stuff. I LOVE all the carvings! We keep this one downstairs since it holds our throw blankets & pillows (we use 'em to cuddle up on the couch). 


 This one is upstairs in the guest room to hold shoes as well as socks since there's a  removable tray. I actually bought this off of someone who was moving away.


And this is the one I'm aiming to get from a local antique store. Once I get this, I'm done in terms of "storage things" for around the house. 


*A globe*
I really want one! I especially want a vintage looking one because they're SO cool! 


*A nautical compass*
Silly, I know...but I think it has something to do with all the old things I enjoy, especially since all of it ties in to traveling :)


*A vintage camera*
I've been on the hunt for one of these things for a WHILE...as in, the last year. Between scouring various antique places as well as eBay, it seems pretty impossible to find one that's in semi decent shape, or that isn't ridiculously overpriced. It's going to be used as DECOR..that's why I refuse to spend $200+ on it since it's going to sit on a shelf. 


Lots and lots of wants.... le sigh.


0 comments: