Saturday, February 18, 2012

Olive You ♥

It's been a while since Eric & I have been able to go on a date day between his work schedule, his back getting injured, my health problems, and everything else life has decided to throw our way. SO, when we had the chance to run off to Aachen yesterday, we took full advantage of it! 

Back in...ohh, November..there was an alley he and I walked down just to get lost rather than sticking to our normal path. By doing that, we walked past this shop called Korb Bayer, which had beautiful olive wood items! I must've looked like a kid outside of a toy store because I just staring through the window to see all the various goodies they had. Honestly, I didn't go inside because I knew I'd leave with a ton of stuff..and at the time, we were in Aachen to do Christmas shopping for other people. The olive wood place would have to wait. 

* image provided by internet search *

Fast forward to *now* and we finally managed to make our way back over to Aachen and have our beloved Crazy Sushi. From there, we ventured around and found the alley way we stumbled across in November. Sure enough, the store was still there! Yay! It's a little shop and can hold about three people on the main floor, but there's lots to look at on the walls, various layered shelves and a hutch that happens to hold grooming items for men. While I was drooling over the olive wood items, Eric found a pretty cool shave kit that he kept debating on whether he wanted to get it or not. 

* image provided by internet search *

After checking it out further, we ended up getting it because the quality is fantastic, the brush itself is made out of badger hair, and the handle on the razor is made VERY well & Eric liked how it felt. The cool part is that instead of having an old fashioned razor head, they customized it so you can use Gillette razor heads, which is perfect for Eric since he has to switch 'em out once a week. 


While we were talking with the shop owner about the shave kit, I saw this mortar & pestle set that I completely fell in love with! My kitchen currently has two mortar & pestle sets, but I like having the various styles and textures since I think they add a little more to the decor. After humming and mulling it over, we ended up snagging this piece as well since I really liked the tiger stripes and polish was beautiful! It actually reminds me of a store back in California that specialized in burlwood sculptures because of the texture..just..love! 



After that, we made our way over to our favorite oil & vinegar store, which happened to be called "Oil, Vinegar & More".

* image provided by internet search *

When the time comes for us to actually leave Europe, I will REALLY miss that store! We constantly buy garlic olive oil from them as well as walnut oil..by far the best flavored oils I've ever had! I normally use 'em for infusing seasonings with meats I'm marinating overnight. After talking with the owner, we have an order set up with them that when we're almost on our way out, we'll be buying a few large containers of their stuff. By large, I'm talking at least two gallons of each flavor. Yeah. We mean business!

There ya have it! Another successful date day in the lovely country of Germany :) 


0 comments: