Saturday, February 25, 2012

1200 / 1200

Throughout the time that Eric and I have been together, I've experienced his love of video games (as well as Johns)..for the most part, I've stayed pretty mellow with it considering I used to be REALLY into them when I was younger. If you've hung around me, you might've noticed I have stumpy thumbs (they look like toes)...my Dad blames their size on my excessive video game usage when I was little. Hardy har har. Anyway, when I was going through college..I had to put the games down and focus on my grades. Fast forward a few years later, met Eric, fell in love..got back into the habit because you can't have a recovering crack head in a crack house and not expect them to stay clean. 

About a month and a half ago, Eric picked up a game called "Saint's Row: The Third"...and I'll be honest. It looked absolutely ridiculous. It's along the lines of "Grand Theft Auto" with a mixture of slap happy humor. A you progress through the game, you get more weaponry (like a baseball bat that's a massive dildo called "The Penetrator"), sniper rifles, flying hover crafts, a slew of cars that you've stolen, lots of clothes, the list goes on and on. In addition to that, there's been tons of DLC (down loadable content) so you can play a variety of "game show" missions as well as be an actor on a movie set. You can get VERY creative when it comes to designing your character, the clothes they wear and their mannerisms. 


Like I said, I thought it was a stupid game at first, but for some reason or another..I got super hooked on it. I mean BAD. It's pretty rare that I know more about a game than Eric since he reads all the gamer books, Xbox Live magazine in other little nerdy things to get additional information on cheats for a new game. Well, I know more about this game title than he does...it's a bit of a mind warp for him. 

After, ahem, many hours of playing.. I've FINALLY beat a game..COMPLETELY! Eric hasn't even done that! I'm sure there are people reading this and thinking, "You have way too much time on your hands if this gets you excited"...well, gimme a break. I don't really get into games all that much since I enjoy platform titles verses third person / shooters, which is all Eric and John really have an interest in. So when I finally find something I like, yeah, I'm gonna enjoy it! 


This is probably one of the more random posts I've ever done, but hell..I'm geeky happy about this! Now... I suppose I should go make a significant dent in "Skyrim".


0 comments: