Sunday, March 11, 2012

False Advertising

 In case you don't know, I'm a natural blonde.


I met my husband back in..ohhhh gosh...September 2006. Many many moons ago and yes, my hair was black then. I've always paid attention and addressed my roots when it comes to touching them up so I can keep the nice raven color that I currently have. Over the years, I've gone from blonde, to maroon, brunette, highlighted and then to black...which I've kept black since 2005. As time has worn on, I'm getting tired of black despite getting lots of compliments on the color. It brings out my eyes and I have very fair skin, so I suppose it's a complimentary color for me, but, I kinda want something to give extra shape rather than flat black.  


Whenever I talk to Eric about letting my natural hair color come back, he always tells me, "I married you under false advertisement then!". Given, he knew I colored my hair, but he's a fan of dark colors...not blondes. Even though my hair is now growing in as a dirty blonde, it's still lighter than he prefers, lol. 

Here's a pic from when I was swimming all the time, yet I was still pale:


...annnnd when my hair was a ginger color (he'd kill me if I even attempted that now)


At this point in time, I haven't touched my roots up since November. Yes, November. My hair grows insanely slow despite the various vitamins I take..it's a little frustrating! So, I'm on the fence in terms of what I wanna do. Part of me wants to see if I can do black "highlights" so my natural color can grow in, but I have the black still so I can get a two tone look going on. Another part of me thinks to just let my hair grow in and be done with it, but, Eric is really protesting that. Touch up the roots and see if I can have SOMETHING done to add some sort of highlights (like a copper tone). I dunno..I wanna switch things up a little bit! Plus, I've been really trying to get my hair long again since I chopped it almost two years ago. The only thing in term of styling I'm willing to do is long layers since my hair is naturally curly and I don't wanna deal with bangs again.


I dunno...any suggestions!?





2 comments:

Unknown said...

maybe a cherry black? you stay dark but you'd have red lowlights then.

Teddi said...

I say do what you want! Let it all grow in. Eric loves you for who you are and will get over your hair not being as dark as he'd like! :)