Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Curl Up & Dye

Alrighty, so here's a follow up to my last post which was talking (debating) about my hair color and what I was wanting to do with it. 

I ended up getting a much needed trim last week since I had neglected my hair since November. Yes, shame on me..I'm just not very "into" the maintenance part when it comes to being a chick. The simpler, the better in my eyes. When I met my hair stylist for the first time (she was recommended to me by several people) and she instantly looked at my roots with disappointment, lol. Given, I had three inches of roots showing, so it looked pretty rough...not only that, she wasn't a fan of the black. I had the blackest black you can get. There wasn't any under laying color to it or anything..no blues or reds. Nothing. Just black. As she was cutting my hair, she kept saying "This color is too dark for you. It's ugly. You need something lighter", in which I kept telling her that my husband would prefer that I keep it some sort of black, but we want something "in the middle" so he'll be happy with the new color while I get something new done to it. After going back and forth a bit between her suggesting blonde, hazelnut, red, and every other color I was wanting to avoid, we finally agreed on a lighter black that had chocolate undertones and do some low lights throughout it with a brownie / caramel color. Of course, my main concern is the stripping process on my hair because I've had some problems with it falling out very easily lately. So, I'm not really wanting to do more damage to it than necessary, but, I NEED a change! 

Today was the day where I get my coloring done! The whole time I was driving to the salon, I kept thinking in my head "Please don't mess this up. Please don't make me regret doing this. If my hair gets messed up, I'm just gonna shave it off and be done with it"...lol. I really don't like people messing with my hair, especially Belgians (no offense to any Belgians who happen to read this) because they have a knack of being very...errrr...creative when it comes down to hair colors and cuts. 


After all was said and done, the whole process took two and a half hours between stripping, slathering, painting, sitting under dryers, more dying and then the final wash & blowout. Honestly, it's a very subtle change, but I can definitely see the color difference and the low lights. I couldn't see them when my hair was wet, but once it was all dried and styled, you can see them clear as day...especially when outside! LOVE!

Before:


After:



Oh, and Eric happened to pop in when I got home since he needed to pick up his gym clothes. MASSIVE thumbs up from him! YAYSIES! I was more worried about him liking it than anything since he really likes dark hair and was very vocal about me not changing it to something much lighter. 

So, there ya have it!  It may not seem like a big difference, but I definitely see the changes. I have an appointment again with them in May to get it touched up and have a few more low lights added (maybe a little chunkier?) since I'll be going to Eric's academy graduation ceremony a few days later. Gotta look good for the hubba!




1 comments:

Van Hoesen Family said...

I can see the difference! It looks nice :)