Thursday, July 19, 2012

Blueberry Honey Butter

'Tis the season to enjoy some amazing blueberries! Luckily for me, there's an awesome blueberry farm that's not too far from my house, so I went and picked up two containers of 'em so I can make some goodies with them. 

I LOVE fruity stuff, so I've been wanting to attempt making strawberry honey butter, but strawberries over here are rather expensive. Plus, I suppose I got spoiled with the fantastic strawberries I grew up with back in California, so the ones here really pale in comparison. The next best thing to attempt was blueberry honey butter since blueberries are pretty amazing for your skin in addition to tasting fantastic! 

Here's what you'll need:

3 1/2 cups of blueberries
1/2 cup honey
2 Tbsp lemon juice
3/4 cup room temp unsalted butter


Once you wash the blueberries, toss them in a blender and puree till completely liquidized. 


Pour the blueberry puree into a sauce pot with the 1/2 cup of honey..


...bring to a boil, then simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes. You'll have to stir it once in a while to insure it's not burning. It'll thicken up like a thick syrup as you stir:


Once its cooked for 20 minutes, take the mixture off the burner, toss in the lemon juice, stir thoroughly and allow it to cool to room temp. Since I didn't have any lemons on hand, I opted to use "Real Lemon" lemon juice. 


After the mixture has completely cooled, toss it back in the blender in addition to the butter puree it to your little hearts content. 


Ta-dah! All done! Stick it in the fridge and it'll thicken up like a jam. It should keep for a few weeks, but at the rate I'm going, I'll probably be finished with it by Sunday, lol. 


 Love love love! 

0 comments: