Thursday, November 29, 2012

FREEDOM!!

Alrighty..a few months, yes, months ago...Big Blue, my beloved Xterra went lame. 

By lame, I mean I couldn't use her at all. Ya see...when Eric and I were on our way back from Ramstein, I noticed when we were almost home (about thirty minutes away) that my truck was making some seriously strange noises. Eric even picked up on it, but we couldn't figure out what it was. Of course, we made it home safely and relaxed from all the driving. The next day, I hop into Big Blue to run some errands and....she's dead. Super dead..the locks wouldn't even lock..that's how dead it was, lol. Eric ended up coming home during his lunch to jump me so I could get on my merry way...it worked, but once I got back home, it died yet again. FRUSTRATING! 

Oh, and there was a new noise. It sounded like a jet landing every time I'd brake, so, of course that freaked me out. I told Eric about it and he thought it was just built up brake dust and not to worry about it.....annnnnd then he drove Big Blue and realized it wasn't something minor. In fact, it was pretty epic, lol. 

Ya see..that *noise* we heard was actually the lid from the battery popping off and all the battery acid spilled all over my front brakes and rotors, which ate away lots of the metal. YEAH. Fun, right? Nope. I didn't feel safe what so ever driving it and I really didn't wanna be irresponsible and even attempt driving it, even around town. So, Big Blue had a nice vacation for two and a half months till all of her parts arrived from my awesome and oh so wonderful Dad. Since Belgium doesn't sell Xterras, the parts that were needed are considered "imports"..in simpler terms, it means my bank account was going to get mauled. After speaking to my Dad, he managed to score all the parts we needed and had them shipped over here. How fantastic is that?? We finally found time to take her in and have everything installed for the grand total of 65

Needless to say, the guys at the auto shop got a laugh out of me because I was literally skipping and squealing with joy that my beloved Big Blue was all better! 

All the while, Eric groaned because he knew that I can now officially escape from the house and be reunited with my beloved Slegers... 

YIPPY!!!


0 comments: