Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ready? Set. GO!

Tomorrow's the day! The movers are arriving and will start the insanity in which we lovingly call PCSing! Wheeee!!!

Yesterday we went though the garage once last time to clear out the junk we REALLY didn't need. Dad & Uncle Tim were nice enough to drive down with some other pieces of furniture that we're taking / storing. There's a nice daybed that my Dad didn't want anymore, so I was all about taking it off of his hands since we'll definetely need a spare bed for when guests come to visit. Then there's also a China Cabinet that my Mom and Dad picked out when they first got married.. he doesn't seem to want it anymore since it replaced it with a different hutch he was able to find at a flea market. SO, now I have both of those items.. the China Cabinet will be going into Non-Temp Storage (NTS) for the next 3ish years since I don't want to chance it getting damaged during the shipment to Belgium. If it got damaged, I'd be EXTREMELY upset, so, I'm not taking any chances.

Dad was able to hang out for about two hours till he had to get going since his lady friend was itchin' for him to pick her up. On the way here, he stopped of in Cayucos and dropped her off at her brothers house since he needed to drop the cabinet here, which is another hour and a half South. In turn, I gave him my elliptical since I wasn't wanting to ship it overseas, and I'd rather someone get some use out of it besides it sitting in NTS. So in a sense, he was kinda rushed to get going... which bugged me, but hey, atleast he made it down this way. As for Uncle Tim, he ended up staying the night which was awesome! He was able to locate this property on his laptop that Dads' been talking to me about. It's located in a GORGEOUS area in Oregon, a good chunk of acreage and near places that they can go hunting. All and all, I'm very thumbs up about them seriously looking into this piece.

Today was a little on the rough side, lol. John thought his room was clean, but I think boys just have this heritary LAZY gene. It was still a disaster even though I told him several times this week to clean it out. When the movers come tomorrow, I wanna be able to know what's getting shipped / stored / thrown away since he'll be at school the whole time we'll be working on packing. Five massive black garbage bags later, his room is "sterile" and I got his laundry washed AND packed into his suitcase so the movers won't take 'em. No blood was drawn, so all in all, I'm a happy camper. I'm just AMAZED by how much crap that kid accumulates!!

Eric and I worked on our room, figured out what we're taking and what not. Our luggage pieces are pretty much packed excep for the things that're currently in the washing machine. Our room looks weird to me cause you can tell it's ALL going to be boxed up tomorrow. My happy zone (the bedroom) is getting crammed into a bunch of boxes and I won't be able to enjoy my bed for atleast 2 months. *whimper*

OH well..guess I better get to bed since they'll be here at 8am in the lovely morning..aghhhh

0 comments: