Monday, January 5, 2009

*Sigh*

My husband is such a giving and loving man. I truely couldn't have asked for a better person to call my husband. Honestly.

In the midst of us getting ready for this move, we came down to the decision that Cali, our Boxer, is going to stay in California. There's a major risk with her to be in the airplanes cargo area due to her respitory issues (boxers have the short, smushed in faces). That's our primary concern because we really don't want anything bad to happen to her during the flight. In turn, since Cali is staying here, the 3 Dachshunds will be coming with us as carry-on.

Eric is not a very emotional guy. I've never seen him cry, weither the situation was sad or happy, to be honest. Well, he started talking about Cali today and he started to cry. That freaking broke my heart because that's HIS dog. That's HIS baby. He got her earlier in 2006 before he and I met. So, I can't help but feel like it's my fault that I'm to blame for Cali not being able to come. The dogs we got together are coming to Belgium, but not Cali.... :( Cali is such a loving & sweet girl. She thinks she's the big momma to all the weenie dogs, absolutely loves kids.. i can go on and on about her. She always always always sleeps with John since all the weenies sleep with Eric and I. Whenever John leaves the house, Cali will run into his room and stare out his window to watch him walk to school. She's one hell of a sweet dog, so this is totally killin' me.

I know my Dad has offered on several occasions to take Macie and possibly Izzy if we needed to leave them in California. I've debated back & forth on it, but Eric is insistant that we bring all of them considering they're our "kids". BUT, if Macie and Izzy stay with my Dad, atleast they'll still be in the family. If we leave Cali, she'll be going to a friend of ours, but we'll never get her back. Macie is Eric's little shadow, so I can see why he doesn't want to leave her either..

This is just so heart wrenching :(

2 comments:

Nikki Marie said...

awe erika! =( that is so heart breaking! i'm so sorry that you have to leave cali behind! i'm really glad to see that eric is being so good about it, and i really hope everything works out for the best! love you girl!

Alexander's said...

i am so sorry!! i understand how hard that is. I had to leave my ferret behind in NC when i moved and it really sucks. I hope it all works out for yall.