Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

IT'S OFFICIALLY 2009!
*WOOT WOOT*

Last night, we ...well...I got completely smashed on raspberry lemonaide with raspberry vodka. I'm payin' for it a lil' bit this morning with a mild hangover, but it was worth it, lol. Todays events are going to be pretty laid back since UGA is playing Michigan State at the Capital One Bowl, which is about to start any minute now. After that, Eric and I are gonna start figuring out what's going to come with us overseas and what is staying here in Non-Temp Storage. Thank gawd for the Non-Temp Storage since I was freaking out about taking my moms China cabinet with us... my Dad was rather insistant that I take it NOW since he's been on a buying spree for more furniture *sigh*. SO, I'm super super relieved that we can store it here rather than risk taking it to Beligum and possibly getting damaged during the shipping process. We're also going to be leaving our washer, dryer, fridge and a meat freezer in addition to a chunk of our book collection. I guess we'll get an inventory of what's staying and what's going :)

We have a breifing with TMO (Traffic Management Office) on Monday, so I'll be able to shoot my millions of questions to them regarding this entire process and what I should be expecting. I've been trying to ask Eric, but since his last overseas PCS was 7 years ago..things have definetely changed since then. Then on the 12th, the movers are actually showing up to take all of the stuff we're wanting in Belgium. On the 13th, we'll be shipping out our "Unaccompanied Baggage", which is the stuff we're gonna need right away once we arrive. That's mainly our dishes, pots and pans, clothes (that wasn't in our luggage), basically whatever we're gonna need right away. Most likely, our 360's, PS3 and Wii are gonna be in that shipment, lmao.

It dawned on me the other day that we're gonna have a really empty house after everything is gone... seriously, it's gonna be weird. All we're gonna have in here is our couch set that we're throwing away, an air mattress to sleep on in addition to our washer, dryer and fridges. February 10th is when the appliances are being picked up...agghhhh... and we're not going to be out of the house till the 19th since that's when our final outprocessing is from the housing office.

I'm gonna be bald from the stress by the time we leave this place, lmao

0 comments: