Sunday, December 28, 2008

Countin' Down

We're officially back home from the holidays....woot! I'm tuckered out & grateful to be able to actually relax again, lol. I love the holidays and all, but sometimes, they're a little too much for my systerm... weither it's having to be extra extra happy and cheery, not be myself (ha) or just overloading on cookies and sweets.

Side note.. my laptop is pissing me off because it can't keep up with my typing speed...grrr!

Anyway, now that I've gained my obligated Christmas weight and my pants now officially feel like they're painted on.. now we get to buckle down and brace for the up coming move..whee!!

Tomorrow *cross your fingers*, Eric should be getting his official Orders IN HAND, so we can FINALLY start scheduling the movers. I'm lookin' around the house and startin' to kinda freak out about the move, especially since we have some pretty nice pieces of furniture that I don't want damaged. Eric and I went into town earlier today and popped into Monsoon Trading Company... GREAT place. Super super friendly and bent over backwards for us when we were looking for a new couch set , coffee table and end tables. Anyway, since we bought our furniture from them, it's all been in storage. To be quite honest, I forgot how the damn couch felt, lol. So, we took a lil' time and sat on the demo...relaxed...ahhh... Now I remember why we bought it, lol.

Anyway, the move has me a little nervous. Aside from the furniture getting moved, I'm also a little jittery about transporting our dogs. I mean, we've looked into all the flight regulations for them, carrier requirements, even the cost. We got all that covered... I'm just worried about them in general. Their my fur babies and I'd be so upset if something happened to them, even though we're gonna have them as carry on. I think the carriers are within regulation (42 cubic inches) so I'm assuming we're safe. The measurements that United airlines give as far as the size of a carrier....frankly...is ridiculous. Izzy is the smallest of our dogs at a grand weight of 11lbs.. so when we tried putting her in one of those carriers, you couldnt tell that the contents were a dog. Fur was poking out of any available air hole, it basically looked like we poured her into the actual bag. Agh... so, we took those carriers back and ended up picking out some Medium sized Sherpa carriers. Those fit perfectly, so all three weenies are now fitted for their "luggage". I just hope they don't go balistic in the plane.

There's just so much on my mind right now between finances, the move, the dogs, the car, the flight, the hotel, finding a suitable house..then me flying back to the states back in June...shit.. and it's not even 2009 yet!

0 comments: