Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Puppy Love

I love how pets know when you're not feeling good. Notice how they always seem to "behave" more? LOL.. if only they were like that all the time rather than when you're sick.

For the past week and a half, I've been really under the weather. Between a completely stuffed up head, throbbing sinus pain and congestion that is unbelievable.. I've been pluggin' along and trying to get stuff accomplished around the house. Eric managed to get me a doctors appointment on Monday to get checked out... turns out I have an upper respitory infection (yay). I feel completely drained of all my energy.. just walking around the house feels like a chore..and I have a pretty small house!

All the while, Cole..aka "The Bubby" has been velcro'd to me the entire time. Sure, he's usually my little sidekick anyway, but it seems since I've been sick he's even more attentive in making sure I'm "ok". He's always within a few inches from me if he doesn't happen to already be laying on me. I'm not allowed out of his sight. He's always watching me...always. If I get up to change out the laundry, I know he's right there because he sits next to the laundry basket as I'm putting the clean clothes in it as he watches me. I just don't know how to explain it.. but for anyone who has a dog, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

When I feel like poo, I can just look into my dogs eyes and see the love and care he's got. Animals are not just our pets.. they're our loved ones & our little gaurdians. So when I look into Cole's eyes, I see all the love in the world he's got for me and totally makes me feel better. I think that's the best kind of medicine I can get when my real meds aren't working very well :)


0 comments: