Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ramblings

This is probably going to be one of those posts that jump around to different subjects... No, I'm not drunk. I just can't keep all my thoughts organized / focused long enough sometimes, lol.

Topic #1

While surfing through the MySpace world yesterday, I happened to come across Andrew. Andrew is Johns Step-Dad...errrr... Ex Step-Dad. While browsing through his profile, he talked about his kids including John, had pictures on a slideshow that had nothing BUT his kids. It's sad because you can genuinely see that this man loves his kids to death ( any parent would ). The reason why I say it's sad is because Andrew doesn't currently have his kids. I understand that he's deployed right now in Iraq, but they were also out of his custody prior to his deployment due to * dum dum dum * Ginna. Anyway... I was reading his blogs and came across one that painted out the exact same scene that played out when Ginna left Eric & John. Yet, this time it was Andrew, Hunter & Bella. He wasn't bashing her too severely throughout his vent, but you could feel the full pain and frustration he's dealing with because this woman found a loop hole way to have his kids taken away. The sickening part is that their kids aren't even with her.. she doesn't have them. The kids grandmother in an entirely different state has them. Back to what I was going to talk about.... While reading his blog, it dawned on me. I realize this woman is completely worthless, but this really clarifyed it to me. She will never settle down. She will never manage to focus on her KIDS needs, it's all about her and what she needs to do for herself. She will never grow up. There's a point where you're young at heart but still take care of your responsibilities, then there's Ginna. Ginna just doesn't grasp the concept of being a responsible adult and mother.

As for Andrew, he'll be receiving some school pictures of John as well as some soccer pictures from this season. John absolutely adores Andrew (as does Andrew to John), so I'm very happy to hear that they're still on close terms. When I contacted him to see if he'd like some pictures, after I updated him on Johns school performance, how he's growing and changing SO much & how we're proud of him... Andrew was nothing but positive and sounded like a loving dad who was proud of his kid. "I'm extremely proud of John for doing so well in school; I just can't believe how much he's grown! He was only about 3, maybe 4 when I first met him and he's probably almost as tall as I am by now. *laughs* It's very heartwarming to know that he speaks as fondly of me as he does. I hope he knows that I do the same, and just as often. At the risk of sounding mushy and overly-sensitive, he's always been like a son to me and has always treated me like I was just a second Dad.. not some strange guy his Mom fell in love with. Even almost a decade after meeting him, I'm still taken aback by his thoughtfulness, helpfulness, good manners and positive attitude. Well, as much as a 12 year old can have, anyway. *chuckles* Hunter and Bella miss him an awful lot, especially Hunter. He really knows how to be a great big brother. Anyway, he's such a wonderful kiddo and it's been a blessing to have him in my life since he entered it."I have absolutely no problems what-so-ever with him, he's a very intelligent and caring guy who got royally screwed by someone who doesn't think about anyone but herself. I definetly would love it if he and John kept in touch because I know they both have a step father / step son bond that isn't very common. As for Andrew, hopefully he'll be able to get full custody of those kids once he's back from his tour... if Ginna gets 'em, I'd be seriously concerned.

Topic #2

I realize when I was younger, I thought I was the shit and knew everything. People would give me their advice and I'd half listen, but atleast I'd take into consideration as to the type of advice that was being dished to me. Now that I'm older, I'm a wee bit wiser to life and how it's gears work when it comes to bumping my way through things. Common sense has always been a huge life saver. Using my brain to actually research my options rather than giving up and asking others to give me things I'd want to hear got me SO much further with my life. I don't understand people who dont try. Effort works some major magic rather than just bumping your way through life & having things handed to you on a silver platter. Frankly, it's quite irritating when I see someone be a repeat offender when it comes to being lazy rather than extend a little effort. Life isn't as hard as some people make it out to be. It is what it is. It is what you make of it.

If you ask me for an opinion, I'm going to give it to you. I don't sugar coat, especially if you're really needing a swift kick in the ass. If you're asking for "help" when it's obvious you're too lazy to find the answers yourself .. or... to be blunt.. too stupid.. do me a favor; Don't breed. I already have to pay with my tax dollars for immigrants popping out babies who have no intention on ever doing anything productive in this country. I certainly don't need you adding to the pile. It's frustrating to hear someone complain about a current life situation and needs advise... advise is given, yet they don't listen at all. If anything, they become pissy an offended and make up excuses as to why they can't change their current situation or why things are happening the way thy are.

Just.. agh... it irritates me.

I think that's enough rambling from me for now.. my sinus' are going insane and I feel like my throat is swelling up. Being sick sucks balls :(

0 comments: