Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Taking A Breather

Alrighty..now that I have some time.. I can actually catch up on some stuff that's been going on.

Johns "mother" actually got around to sending him a belated birthday / early Christmas present. This woman just makes me laugh because.. haha...shit.. she's just so worthless. She works for a video game store. So, it's expected that they get "swag" from time to time from Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo.. ya know.. some of the heavy hitting companies that cater to the typical gamer. In case you don't know what "swag" is; Swag is free stuff like t-shirts, key chains, mugs, bumper stickers, calanders.. ya know.... free cheapy things that companies use to advertise. Well, she sent John random pieces of swag. Tshirts that're meant for larger adults, promo booklets about games he has no interest in, postcards.....just...geez. What were you thinking? John even told me, "What was the point of her asking me what I wanted for my birthday if she wasnt even going to get them for me?". Hun... I'm sorry. Your mom doesn't want to spend the money on you if she can get your stuff for free without putting out effort. That's the sad truth. It's really sad because he could even see that this stuff was all free since he was all SO random. The note she included with the stuff is what got me. He showed it to me and he even said, "How could she say she's so proud of me and how I'm turning out when she doesn't even know what's going on?". Don't know what to tell you... some people can go through life faking things and faking that they're apart of their kids life. Sadly, she thinks she's completely "there" for him when she REALLY isnt.

In other news, looks like Eric and I are going to the Squadron Christmas Party. Honestly, I'm shocked we're going considering Eric normally has no desire to attend any of those types of events. I think it's because specific people aren't apart of his shop any more, therefore, they won't be there to ruin the party atmosphere. Keep your fingers crossed for us, lol.

Lesse....last night I was able to get us set up with Vonage, that way.. it'll be easy for friends and family to reach us overseas. Instead of having to call us with Calling Cards or international numbers, they can just dial us like the normally would within the United States. Pretty cool hunh? We still have an 805 area code number :) Although, we didn't keep our old house number considering we get bombared with telemarketers all the time.. and frankly..when I'm over in Belgium, I don't wanna deal with 'em. I should be getting the adapter in the next few days, so I'll test it out and see how it works :)

OH! Great news! Eric came home tonight with our official flight confirmation!!! YAY!!!! Thank FREAKIN' god!! It's always one thing after another! Geez! This base is ridiculous beyond reason. I don't get it how they wait to tell people things at the very last minute EVERY time you go to turn your papers in. We've jumped through constant hoops, were given last minute "speed bumps"..and they just keep coming! When Eric went to turn in our Medical Clearance paperwork today, they informed him "Oh! You have four more things you need to do before you can have your orders". For FUCKS SAKE! Why can't they tell us all this stuff up front?!?!? So, apparently Eric got the 3 other things done..but I guess I...ME... I have to do an anti-terrorism slideshow. Are you serious.. come on.

As far as our departure date, we're scheduled to leave February 23rd out of LAX! woot! We even have confirmation that all three of the dachshunds are coming on the plane as well, so that's one less stress for me.

I'm sure there's more to talk about..but I have a migraine forming on the side of my head and I'm feeling a little under the weather.

Just figured I should post some sort of informed update :)

0 comments: