Saturday, February 7, 2009

Slackinggggg

Man oh Man..I guess it's time that I finally update! Geezo

This past week has been so busy between cleaning parts of the house, figuring out what we're taking as Unaccompanied Baggage, Bulk Trash and Non Temp Storage. The storage stuff isn't all that hard since there's some electronics that we're not wanting to take overseas. As for the Unaccompanied Baggage, we're allowed up to 1,000 lbs of stuff between Eric, John and myself. I think the majority of that is gonna be books and clothes since all of our kitchen stuff was taken last month, lol. Oh well....

We're a tid bit over 2 weeks away from leaving California....time is dragging so slowly!! AGH! I'm ready to get the hell out of Vandenbeg. I love California and all seeing how I was born and raised in this state, but this area is draining the happiness out of me. I love my friends here dearly, but the management and the way the guys are treated are a constant disappointment.

On the 3rd, Eric and I had to drive down to Compton to deliver my Xterra to the exporters. I HATE Los Angeles.. HATE it. I have major anxiety problems with high traffic areas, people tail gting me at 90+ miles an hour.. oh it's just horrile. Normally, I'd drive down to about the Ventura / Oxnard area, then Eric would take over. I couldn't do that this time around since he was following me in a rental car. Once we were gonna drop my truck off, we'd head home in the rental. Once we hit the 405, my official panic attack kicked in *sigh* I barely remember how I got fromthe 405 to the parking lot of the export place, but needless to say, I freaked out pretty bad. Let's just say, I was literally in tears. I know I sound like a total baby, but I don't think I can relay exactly how much huge traffic areas AND semi-trucks freak me out. Once we got near the export place, I swear, it's like a nightmare coming to life. Semi-trucks everywhere! FREAKED ME OUT. Once we finally made it to the export place, it totally slipped my mind that I had to hav the truck detailed since they don't want foreign soil on it once it's shipped. Attempting to find a carwash in Compton was INTERESTING. You hear people joke about how ghetto that place is.. well.. I think it's accurate. I've never seen so many barred up windows, pit bulls, thug-tastic lookin' fellows in my life. When we finally got the car cleaned and back to the export place.. I pretty much got treated like dog shit. It was awesome.. I drive all that way and they don't wanna talk to me. They talk to Eric though ...yet it was my truck. He didn't know some info on the truck so they'd barely grunt a question to me (keep in mind, I was secluded in a sitting area since I wasnt allowed in the cubical area). So, they clerk would waddle to me, grunt, then waddle all the way back to where Eric was. I think that's the most I've ever been upset... seriously. It sounds so stupid, but for me to drive that whole way, deal with the traffic, then get told that I'm now allowed to basically talk to anyone regarding MY vehicle.. kinda pissed me off. Not kinda. It REALLY pissed me off. Then when it came time to take off the plates, anything that's removeable off of the truck.. I was told, yet again, I'm not allowed to do anything...yet Eric can. Eric even had a look on his face like "What the hell"? I basically didn't get to say bye to my truck. Yeah, I'll get it back in about a month and a half, but that's my truck. Needless to say, Tuesday blew major ass. Major. I dont think I've cried that much in a long time... blah.

Amongst everything else, we're still waiting for Johns "No Fee" passport to show up. His mother was awesome enough to take her sweet ass time to get us the paperwork...which has been going on non stop since SEPTEMBER 2008. Nothing like cuttin' it close, eh? So, now we're down to the wire, the passport still isn't here, but should be anyday. If it's not here by the time we need to leave, Eric's "Report by Date" gets moved. If that's the case, I'm gonna be pissed. Just yet another thing to tack on the list of things I dislike about this woman. Funny thing is, John got a card from her in the mail yesterday.. I guess it was a Valentines Day card or something. Anyway, he opened it up, barely read it and tossed it in the garbage. When I asked him,"What'd it say?" he said "Stuff like she's proud of me or whatever. She doesn't know anything about me, so what can she be proud of?". Even though he's 12, he's a smart booger. I think he's past the point of caring anymore when it comes to his "mother". Oh well.

0 comments: