Monday, February 9, 2009

Damn you BrownShoe!!

Is it sad that I had to look at my older pictures to remind myself what our furniture looked like? LOL. How pathetic.. I miss my desk, all my pots and pans... ESPECIALLY my bed! AGH! The second we get TLF, I'm breaking up with our air mattress.. it just isn't cuttin' it anymore. It's great for guests and what not, but for 2 grown adults and 3 weenie dogs.. I think not. Luckily, we'll be moving into TLF on the 17th so I can finish up working on the house without the weenies destroying everything as I clean!

It's flippin' cold today, but then again, it'll be even colder in Belgium. At this present time, it's 50* outside, on and off rain.. all the while, it's been averaging 30ish degree's in Belgium.WHEEE!! I scampered across the driveway barefoot to get the mail, so I guess I BETTER remember to wear my boots when we board the plane.. cause when we arrive in Brussels, it'll be 8am in the morning.. my senses tells me it's not gonna be any warmer that early in the morning, lol.

Amazon released to the press today about it's new Kindle 2. I'm EXTREMELY excited about this, one because I have stocks in it, but two, because it's freaking awesome. I already have us on the waiting list for one, so hopefully one will be on it's way to us (well, my dad's address) by March 2nd. It sucks that they can't send it straight to us, but since our new address is a PO box, they won't send something of that value unless it's an actual residential address. Blah! I actually have the Sony E-Reader, which I thoroughly enjoy, but I figured this would be pretty cool to get for Eric since he's a bigger reader than I. From what I've read, the new Kindle can actually read the text to you (if you choose to do so), has a longer battery life AND is wi-fi capible. Hopefully it'll work for us overseas.. after reading several article discussion how and where it works, it appears as if we'll be able to download content since our billing address is based in the US despite us being overseas. Either way, I'll bring it with me when I come back to the US in June .. I'll load up on even more books! woo!



Here's the stats on it:

Slim: Just over 1/3 of an inch, as thin as most magazines

Lightweight: At 10.2 ounces, lighter than a typical paperback

Wireless: 3G wireless lets you download books right from your Kindle, anytime, anywhere; no monthly fees, service plans, or hunting for Wi-Fi hotspots

Books in Under 60 Seconds: Get books delivered in less than 60 seconds; no PC required

Improved Display: Reads like real paper; now boasts 16 shades of gray for clear text and even crisper images

Longer Battery Life: 25% longer battery life; read for days without recharging

More Storage: Take your library with you; holds over 1,500 books

Faster Page Turns: 20% faster page turns

Read-to-Me: With the new Text-to-Speech feature, Kindle can read every book, blog, magazine, and newspaper out loud to you

Large Selection: Over 230,000 books plus U.S. and international newspapers, magazines, and blogs available

Low Book Prices: New York Times Best Sellers and New Releases $9.99, unless marked otherwise






Aside from the Kindle.....nothing really exciting is going on ...lol. I'm kinda grasping at straws as to what I should blog about. The movers came today for our NTS (Non Temp Storage) stuff, so that's all taken care of. Next up on the list is our Unaccompanied Baggage...and that's coming up this Thursday. This house is getting REALLY empty and not very hospitible. Wah :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yer kidding, right?....50 degrees and yer whining??

7:02pm, 34 degrees here in balmy Centralia, Washington...with snow projected for tomorrow...

I think it was 23 degrees last night, as our cars had frozen rain on the windshields...

And I was thinking just yesterday it was too early for spring..."We need more snow!" Ha.

Erika said...

LOL.. yes, I'm whining about 50*! Last week it was in the 80's,so this rollercoaster weather pattern is drivin' me nuts!