Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Keeps Gettin' Better

Day 2 of Belgium and I'm totally diggin' this place :)

I got up around 4:30a since I think my jetlag wanted to play some games with me... ended up going back to bed around 6:30 just to get up at 7, lol. Organized our luggage and put clothes away since we were anticipating on staying in the temporary apartment till April 1st or whenever our house will be available. A little later, I met up with Brooke (our upstairs neighbor) and we ventured around the neighborhood since it was still early enough not to endure too much heavy street traffic...the cars here drive insane! We stopped off at the bakery that's at the end of our block,then toodled over to "Leonida's" which is a chocolate shop.. oh my gosh, I was overwhelmed with all the chocolate! I ended up getting about €19 worth of chocolate for Eric and John since they're both major sweet addicts. After that, we checked out the rest of the area including the old church that's the center point of Peer. It's just amazing to look at and realize that people build that thing by hand without massive cranes or assistance of advanced technology.

Once we got back, Eric showed up for lunch... while he and I were talkin over lunch, he got news about our Housing Goods. Apparently it's all shown up aleady...AWESOME!!! We weren't expecting it till next month.. so shit..that's awesome!! The house wasn't going to be available till April 1st since our stuff wasnt expected till March 20th, so now that everythings already here.. hopefully we can move in sooner. When Eric and I were at our finance briefing with our Belgian translator, he kept telling us that it's going to be near impossible to find a house with a landlord that's willing to deal with 4 dogs. WELL, luckily for us, Ivo found the house for us 2 weeks before we got here.. so when we told the translator, it looked like the weight of the world was taken off his shoulders, lol. One less thing to worry about :)

After the briefing,we got back and decided to venture out yet again, but this time with Eric since he had to be at work earlier in the day. There's a bike shop right next to us and I'm totally inlove with a bike there.. yeah.. they're expensive, but the bike has a headlight / braking light system installed in it, light weight and has a storage area. Basically, the house we're moving into is far enough to where I can't really walk to the grocery store, I'd rather not waste the gas to drive there.. so I think a bike would be perfect. I actually picked up a bike saddle set today, so now I just gotta find a good deal on a bike :)

There's other stuff we did today, but honestly, I'm so bushed right now. It's currently 9:35p and te jetlag is totally kickin my ass!

0 comments: