Sunday, September 5, 2010

Visitor

It's late in the evening here in good ol' Belgium. Why am I up so late? 

Because of this lil ball of cuteness:


We were letting the dogs out one last time for the evening since they have this habit of waking us up at two in the morning. Well, they found this lil gal and went ape shit..barking up a storm and freaked her out. Once we got the dogs back inside, I was able to investigate our lil visitor a lil closer since I actually used to own a hedgie years ago, named Rocky...although he looked different from this one since he was a small African pygmy.

I slapped on some old oven mitts, picked her up and started massaging her spine so she'd relax a lil. After about ten minutes, she finally loosened up enough to let us get a peek at her cute lil face:



 She chilled long enough to eat a couple tiny pieces of chicken that I happened to have that was left over from the enchilada's I made (without sauce, of course). Once she had enough, she rolled back into a tight lil ball since she wasn't feeling all that social. 



 Eric ended up naming her "Rosalee" for some reason, lol. He names everything, even a freakishly large spider that hangs out on our back porch (his name is Henry). Just from holding Rosalee, she was a chunkster and had to have weighed around 2lbs (ish)..but that's because she's probably getting ready for hibernation.As much as I wanted to keep her, I think her boyfriend was rootin' around outside in the hedges looking for her, hahaa. When we were out there saving her from the dogs, I heard something rustling around..odds are, it was her mate.

So, now she's once again in our backyard..snortin' and shufflin' her way through the great outdoors.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG I'm in love...she is so cute!!! I love the name too...very fitting!

Anonymous said...

How cute!!

Paula said...

I love your blog!

Have a nice time!
Paula

Team Hayes said...

Adorable. And I love your new blog design (if it is in fact new, I haven't been keeping up on blogs in the past month). Off to read more!