Sunday, February 27, 2011

Now you know my ABC's..


A is for Airplane. I'll be on one later this year and I'm already dreading it. I HATE HATE HATE long distance flying, especially since I'm a curvy gal. Looks like I need to work on becoming more "aerodynamically" correct so I can sit more comfortably. 


 
B is for Belgium. I've officially lived here for two years now! Whooty Whooo!

 
C is for California. The state I was born & raised in.


D is for Domestic Goddess. Truth be told, I never imagined myself being a housewife, but I warmed up to it quickly when I realized I loved having a stress free life from the working world. 

 
 E is for England, which is definitely on my "favorites" list in terms of places I've visited since living overseas. 


F is easily for Family. My family rocks even though they've given me gray hairs prematurely. 


G is for Grandma. I absolutely adore mine! I know everyone says that they have the best dad/mom/grandma/grandpa/husband/boyfriend...blah blah blah... but I'd totally stick my Grandma in the "Worlds Best" competition...and she'd win. 


H is for Halleez, which is a nickname for Eric and I :)


I is for Independent. I'm pretty proud that I can fend for myself, function without having my husband with me 24/7 to run the simplest of errand, and I'm pretty creative when it comes to repairing things. Seriously, I rock.

 

J is for John. The best PITA stepson I could ever ask for! 



K is for Kids. Frankly, I'm on the fence about having 'em. There's parts of me that think "I'd rock as a Mom.", then I come to my senses and realize I don't have that kinda patience.


L is for Laptop. I'd die without it. It's my "go to" thing in terms of editing pictures, blogging, keeping in contact with friends & family, tons of wasted minutes surfing the web....sigh...

M is for Mom. I miss her terribly.
 
 
N is for Nature. I love taking random drives out into the country side, forest, water fronts..where ever! I can honestly say that I truly enjoy living in an area where I can literally go in any direction and find some amazing scenery. 


O is for Optimistic. Seriously, no Negative Nancys allowed.
 

P is for Pets. My dogs, to be precise. They're the best little buddies you could ever ask for!

 

Q is for Quality. I don't have all that many friends and I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. I'm more about quality than quantity. I can count on one hand the amount of people I consider a true friend that I could completely rely if I ever needed them.
 

R is for Rain. Honestly, I love the rain. I love it more than sunshine. I love curling up with a nice cup of tea and watching the droplets gather on the window, I love going to bed while listening to the droplets hit against the rolanda, I love how everything smells after a nice downpour..
 

S is for Scrapbooking. I have SO many scrapbook projects I need to work on, but I keep procrastinating with working / cleaning out my office. I'll do it next week... I swear...


T is for Twenty Eight. UGH. I'm almost 30. That's ancient. I'm pretty sure I can hear people snickering (who are younger than me and reading this) or there's people who are older than me, cursing me, and wanting to strangle me for saying 30 is ancient.
 

U is for Umbrella. After living here for two years, I've learned that you should always have an umbrella with you, even if it's gorgeous and sunny outside. Odds are, if it's three o'clock, the rain is about to come down!

 
V is for Vacation. I'm REALLY looking forward to when I can take a family vacation with Eric and John! With Eric's work schedule being fairly ridiculous, and Johns grades being atrocious, it's very hard for all of us to get together and go some where. Since we've been here, I've gone on more trips solo or with friends than I have with my family. Sucks :( 


W is for Weight. I've always always always had a weight problem ever since I can remember. If you're thinking "Get over it and do something about it", well, I have. And, it's still a daily struggle.  It's very hard for me to love myself despite hearing people tell me I'm beautiful.  


X is for X-mas (Christmas to those who liked posting all those things on FB about not removing "Christ" from Christmas..which in turn made it "X-Mas".). Best holiday ever. I don't think it's the best because of all the gifts and what not, but it's because everyone seems to decorate their home for the spirit of the holiday, people (for the most part) are nicer even though it's temporary, and you get to spend quality time with long distance family.


Y is for Yard. When we moved into our current home, our main reason was because we got a MASSIVE side yard for our dogs to play in. That's like hitting the jackpot since we have four very active dogs that love to run around and play. Sadly, our landlord (who also owns that property) is turning that area into a duplex. So, no more big yard for the puppies :(


Z is for ZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzZz..... like any normal person, I love when I'm able to sleep! Especially since I have serious insomnia! 



3 comments:

Unknown said...

S is for Stefanie...sheesh

Unknown said...

PS how did you make the cartoon Erika. I want one!

Erika said...

I found a cartoon online that I really liked, copied it, then spent a ridiculous amount of time altering it, LOL.

Although, the cartoon "me" isn't nearly as "fluffy" as I am.