Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sentimental Birthday


Eric turned the big thirty five today! Woot! I can't believe how much time flies..it feels like we just celebrated his birthday yesterday. I'm always at a loss as to what to get him for his cake day, aside from cooking something he really likes. He has the same problem with me when my birthday rolls around. We're challenging like that, lol. 

If you're a consistent reader of my blog, you'll remember about Cali passing away last month...it was pretty rough because she was extremely loved by all of us. The person it hit the hardest was Eric since she was his pride and joy. Before she passed away, I managed to get some paw impressions from her since I was gonna make some sort of shadow box with some of her trinkets in it. In the midst of getting idea's of what to make, I rolled across Mug Revolution. It's a site where you can get a beautiful ceramic mug custom made. I shot off an email to the owner who was incredibly nice & very helpful, then went ahead and ordered a 16oz mug in which I can have Cali's paw print put on it, a glaze called "Earth tone" which borders on the colors she had in addition to a little heart on the thumb rest since she had a heart design on her chest. 

Luckily, it showed up just in time for his birthday and it came out beautifully! 
Seriously, I couldn't be happier! 




It's a very sturdy, 16oz mug with the "Earth tones" color scheme. I love how the "thumb button" came out with the little heart...Cali's tag was a heart, plus she had a heart pattern on her chest. 

When I gave it to Eric, he completely lit up and got this massive smile on his face. I gathered that he really, REALLY liked it. So much in fact, that he ended up taking it with him to work so he can have it on his desk :) He told me while messaging back and forth on Facebook, "I love it a lot and very appreciative of having it.Very happy with it and it makes me smile when I look at it at work."

Not to pump myself up or anything, but I think I did a pretty good job getting him a memorable birthday gift. In addition to that, I'm bustin' out with some Cajun Chicken Alfredo (he loves it) and I already baked a bunch of coconut macaroon cookies for him. Such a hard life, right? Then we'll be going out on Friday for a Date Day since he has the day off, so I'm sure we'll go catch a movie or something :) 

Another year down, many many more to go! 


0 comments: