Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Prove It.

Ok, it's pretty common that people change over time. Well, physically..for the most part. You either lose weight, gain weight, change your hair color, cut your hair..ya know..things that you can physically control aside from naturally aging. In all honesty, I looked like a somewhat typical Californian with blonde hair and a tan, minus the Barbie doll figure and silicone implants. So, when we moved here and had to relinquish my California drivers license, it's understandable why the gal behind the counter had a hard time with my old pic verses how I currently look.

Keep in mind, there's almost a 10 year difference between when I first got my license and when I got my passport:


Aside from the hair color, I really haven't changed much. Especially when you take into consideration I was sixteen when my drivers license picture was taken..and I was...errrr...*counting on fingers* twenty five when my passport picture was done. No more blonde locks..and definitely not tan, lol

So, when I went over to the town hall today to switch out my Belgian license for my California one, she went over and got my ID out of their filing system..walked over and looked at me, then looked at the card, and once again looked at me. "Can I please see other proof that you are this person?"...lol, sure. Why not. My picture on my military Dependant card looks like total dog shit, and my Belgian ID card has me with a different hair style, but with black hair..


Despite showing her my other two forms of ID, she still wanted something stating who I was (SERIOUSLY?!) because I looked "nothing" like the person on the stateside license. Really? REALLY? In all honestly..just use a sharpie on the CA license for the black hair and bam..that's me! I just happened to have my KBC statement as well as my KBC card (I found it this morning! Yay!), Social Security card, passport AND my other two bank cards... then she finally agreed that it was, indeed, ME!

Christ allmighty. Is this what I'm gonna have to deal with once I come back to Belgium in order to get my Belgian license back??? Let's hope not considering the picture on my drivers license here is exactly the same as my Belgian ID! 


Photobucket

3 comments:

Kaysie said...

I love your hair dark!

Van Hoesen Family said...

Thats funny and silly! You dont look THAT different! But im curious, have you never had to get your DL renewed since you were 16? Ive had it renewed once and then when I changed my name I had to get a new picture as well.

Erika said...

I haven't had to renew it or anything. I'm pretty sure I'll have to take a new picture though in 2012 since it's been about 13 years from when I originally got my license, lol. Honestly, I can't stand the DMV, so if I can absolutely avoid it..I'll hold out as long as I can in terms of not dealing with them.