Saturday, September 3, 2011

'Tis that time of year!

** I'm sorry the quality of my pics are so horrible for this post. I had really bad shakes today and it reflected in the majority of the pics I took :( **

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! It's officially Fall! I mean, to ME, it's Fall because it's September. Eric on the other hand was arguing with me that it's not officially Fall for another eighteen days or some nonsense like that. Whatever! 'Tis the beginning of my favorite season :) With that being said, it was time to drag out the decorations!

As you can see, Eric was absolutely thrilled!


Normally, I like to really doll up the house with leafs, hedgehogs, acorns, pumpkins and etc. everywhere..but, since I'm leaving on Wednesday for two months, I only did a little bit. Eric was teasing because I won't even be there to enjoy it, but in my heart, my house needs to be fall-ish weither or not I'm there. That's just how I roll. Besides, whenever Eric looks at the leafs or quirky squirrel, it'll remind him of me....right? :)

The foyer


One of my trogs filled with putka pods, acorns, hazelnuts and pine cones.



My Party Lite hurricanes (I guess they don't sell them anymore cause I was going to link them from Party Lites site, but couldn't find them) also have putka pods, acorns and pumpkin scented potpourri in 'em. I managed to snag the little birds (and three other ones) last year when they went on clearance due to Christmas decorations coming out. Not bad for twenty five cents, right?

I made my way over to the living room and set up the entertainment center. As you can see, Cole is modeling the front of the room with the leaf garland, pumpkins and a squirrel. My "Home is where the Air Force sends us" sign looks crooked in this pic and made my inner OCD come out. Also, ignore the elliptical, medicine ball and kettle bell...the living room is a part time gym. Didn't ya know? Anyway, here ya go:


Here's the squirrel..again, sorry it's all blurry :(


I wasn't "allowed" to do much with the kitchen...mainly because I think Eric knows he'd kinda trash my leafs if they were on the kitchen table. So, all I put on there was a table runner..it goes all the way across the table, but looks like it stops under the trog.


I switched out my Cup Cake Scentsy warmer for my Montpelier warmer (officially discontinued)..so there's a lil piece of Fall in the kitchen, aside from the table runner:


Annnnd I really had no idea where to stick my "harvest" bouquet, so I just left it with my Amish cutting board and chili pepper container. A complete mismash of color and patterns, but whatever, lol.


I'll be back in the States in...ohhhh....four-ish days, so I can enjoy 'em till then. Best part is that I'll have access to Michaels, Joannes, Hobby Market...oh my god, craft store overload! EEEEE!!

Photobucket

0 comments: