Friday, September 30, 2011

Snuggle Puppy

I've been working on making various little blankets and what-nots since I've been home....and Piper has been very excited to help. Very:


So, since I take her everywhere with me, I figured I'd might as well make a little blanket for her since Ozzy, my Dads dog, took it upon himself to not only pee all over Pipers new bed, but he also tore all the stuffing out of it so now it's a flat piece of fabric. Go Ozzy!


I attempted to go to the JoAnnes Fabrics here, but apparently it went out of business during the two and a half years I've been gone. LAME! So, I swung over to Beverly's Fabrics...their selection was less than impressive. In fact, they only had six fleece fabrics to choose from. I ended up heading over to Monterey and their Beverly's had only two other patterns in addition to the other ones the last store had. What the hell? Do people think that Californians don't need fleece or something? Anyway... I ended up picking a print with a blue background and a matching red one that had little dogs all over it. Figured it'd work well since you can flip it to whatever color you want, especially if you have a boy or girl dog :)


I know you're probably thinking "She's just a dog. WHY are you making a little blanket for your DOG?". Well, she's always riding in the car with me..and the car I'm currently driving has leather interior. What do dogs do when they try to settle down to sleep? Nest. What does nesting entail? SCRATCHING and DIGGING. After watching my weenie dogs do it enough times with their blankets and attempt to do it to my Xterra, I realized I'm gonna save myself some grief with this puppy and have a blanket in the car for her to burrow into. It fits PERFECTLY across in the back seat of the car as well as my Dads F150, and when you just "toss" it into a seat, it's the perfect set up for a dog to snuggle into.


Since I bought a yard and a half of the fabric, I was able to actually make two blankets. So, I have a spare if anyone is interested (seriously!) Piper loves it and weasels right into it whenever she hops up on the bed.


 Think I'm joking?


LOVES it.
Believe it!



Photobucket

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwwe! So cute! I want to learn how to make one for Chase!!!