Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Baby Aiden

As I had mentioned in a previous post, the whole point of me coming up to Washington was to see my cousin and her brand new baby boy, Aiden. I mean, aside from them..I also wanted to visit some of my friends, but the baby was a huge part :) 


Alexandra's due date was supposed to be Sept 13th, but it looks like Aiden wanted to hang out a little longer and was born on the 15th measuring in at 9lbs 4oz and 21 inches long! Big kiddo! His mommy did so good with the whole thing and is madly inlove with her new man :)


This kid is so insanely cute! He makes little squeaks and whimpering noises while he's sleeping on Alexandra's chest. Now I'm starting to see why veteran mommies like holding other peoples newborns..they're cute, they sleep and they're squishy! Not the diaper kinda squishy, either.


While Alexandra was chillin' in the hospital a little longer, my Aunt Loo took me over to their house so I could see how they had it all set up. In the last several months, they moved into a new place so this was gonna be my first time seeing it. It's VERY cute and decorated very very nicely! There's no man vibe in the joint, lol. I'm sure you're wondering what I mean by that...it's basically along the lines of: no car decor, no hunting stuff, no man-ish things. It's put together very nicely..not saying that guys aren't capable of that or anything, but let's face it..guys aren't very metro about decorating unless they're high maintenance.

 
 Aidens room is SO cute! This is the sign that hangs over the entry to his nursery:


 Here's the actual nursery. They went with a jungle theme..mainly like lions and monkeys:


I absolutely LOVE the sun they have as the overhead light!! I think I need to buy one for myself so when I go back to Belgium, I'll install it in my office so I can have some sort of "sun" during the upcoming winter, lol. Apparently they got it from IKEA, so that's something I'll keep an eye out for.


When the baby shower popped up for Alexandra / Aiden, I was still over in Belgium so I wasn't able to attend. Sadsies. So, I waited till after her party to see her updated "need" list on the baby registry since you know how those parties go. Sometimes people will bring exactly what she needs while others bring the most random thing possible, lol. I ended up getting her a boppy that has a little monkey on it, a changing pad with two different covers (one of 'em has a monkey on it) and I also sent her Roarbert, which is a Scentsy Buddy so the nursery will smell like baby powder :)


The boppy is chillin' in the corner while Roarbert is on the bookshelf:


 This little kiddo is definitely gonna be spoiled rotten as he plugs along. I'll be visiting him again tomorrow through the weekend, so I'll snap some more pictures of him then. :)

Photobucket

0 comments: