Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Last Ditch Trip!

I can't believe how fast time is flying by! Mentally, I'm wanting to just plant my feet in the ground and say "NO! You're not gonna make me move! I belong in Europe!"...alas, the Air Force is a thing you can't really argue with. 
Le sigh. 

With that being said, I'm going on a last ditch trip before we officially move back to the states. I'm going to Scotland, baby! YEAH! 


Actually...I think the landscape is gonna look like this more or less since I'll be going in January: 


Either way, I'm just thrilled to have the chance to even go there! Unfortunately, Eric won't be able to come since he'll be busy with work and doing all the important stuff he's gotta get handled in order for us to move. Being the awesome man he is, he told me go ahead and go since I'll end up kicking myself for passing it up. 

Ya see, an old friend of mine lives over in Montrose, which is about two hours from Edinburgh. He extended the invite for me to come over and visit for a bit because 1). We got lots to catch up on 2). He knows I've been wanting to go to Scotland 3). IT'S SCOTLAND! 


I'm actually rather excited to be in that town because I really...REALLY miss living near the ocean. Plus I can venture around a place I'm not really familiar with aside from checking out the typical tourist places. Of course, I want to check out Edinburgh and all it has to offer, possibly check out Balmoral Castle near Aberdeen..aghhhh..too many choices! Luckily, I'll be there for a week, so hopefully my friend is understanding and I'm gonna be on the move non stop to see all the things :D



0 comments: