Thursday, September 10, 2009

* GASP * Really? You Don't Say....


Ok.. I gotta vent a little bit because I'm rather irritated with people right now. I know they're asking me cause they're concerned, but, this is getting on my last nerve.

I was taking College Math, despite getting tutoring, I was doing horrible in there. Failed my first test even though I had studied for hours... the second test, I could only answer 5 out of 12 questions. That was enough abuse my confidence could take. It's frustrating because it's ridiculously hard for me to remember things, yet I study for hours and hours and nothing is registering. I get help, people explain things to me and yet, I still bomb my assignments / tests.

After completely bombing my test on Tuesday, I made it a point to drop my class on Wednesday morning because this was the last week I could do it without paying a large chunk for the class ($700).

I dont understand why people are feeling it's their right to get involved in MY personal business when it comes to MY decision to remove a class from my school schedule!!! I understand that they're curious and want to know what's going on with me, but the fact that some people feel it's necessary to advise me and essentially book thump me.. it's PISSING me off.

I'm happy for those who can glide through mathmathics as if it were effortless.. that's fantastic for you. Really, it is. Not everyone has that ability! Another thing that's starting to ruffle my feathers... Yes, I got the accounting job. YES, I know it involves Math! Geezus people.. the math that's involved in accounting doesn't involve quadratic equations, algebraic equations, linear lines, blah blah blah.... It's VERY frustrating that people feel like I need to explain to them why I dropped my class. Then, I get told over and over again as to how easy Mathmatics are to them...it's essentially slapping me in the face repeatedly. Makes me feel like a million bucks.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally know how you feel. My roommate is a Wine Chemist and I feel dumb everytime she talks about science... :/ I suck at math too...I'm an artsy type...as you are too...hang in there!