Tuesday, September 8, 2009

WOOT!

First of all..... I GOT A JOB!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! While I was back in the states visiting family and such, Eric forwarded me an email about a job opening at our base. Now, it's hard to get a decent job back at a stateside base.. it's almost nearly impossible to get a worth while job while overseas. I was told that I'd have a semi good chance at getting a job at a base that's 45 minutes away, but the pay was ridiculously low. Let's put it this way... it wouldn't pay for my gas expense.  I ended up applying for the job that Eric told me about back in June and I got an email earlier today informing me that I got the job! I'm STOKED! If I didn't get a job within the year of getting here, I wouldn't have bothered getting one at all considering I want longevity with an employer.. looks better on the resume :) Tomorrow I start my paperwork to get the ball running so I can officially start!  EEE!!

In other news, here's some quick bulletins about what else has been going on.. yes, I'm being lazy. It's 11pm and I'm ready to pass out for the night but I'm overdue for a blog posting:

* My Dad has officially joined Facebook! Mainly, it's so he can see when I upload pictures and such. But still!

* I just submitted a  good sized Pampered Chef show from this weekend! WOOT!

* Had a blast at Josies yesterday for Labor Day. One of the guests brought his bulldog pup to the party and Eric wanted to smuggle her home. I dont think the owner would've appreciated his 750 euro pooch to go missin!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!! What kinda job!!!!

Erika said...

It's a NAF Accountant position. So when Eric gets his orders to his next base, I'll be able to take my job title with me :) NAF stands for "Non Appropriated Funds".