Thursday, September 3, 2009

Smells like.... Fall :)

I gotta say... Fall is absolutely my favorite season. I mean, what's there not to like? The leaves are changing colors, the air gets cooler, not to mention... there are awesome holidays in the Fall timeframe. Especially "Adore Erika Day"..which is code for my birthday and all..didn't you get the memo?

Anyway, it's been progressively getting cooler here in Beligum. It's about damn time! Seeing how before we even moved here, we were warned about how it's always cold, be prepared for shitty weather and all that jazz. Honestly, the summer reminded me of Georgia (yes, including the humidity) and the weather, when it was cooler, reminded me of Monterey. So all in all, I havent had too much to complain about. However, I AM very ready for the cold! Man oh man.. did I ever get my wish granted. The winds today were so bad that it knocked me from one lane to another while on the highway to The Netherlands (rather frightening experience). Plus, it was raining so bad that it knocked out the satellite feed for the TV. Yeah, it was rockin', lol.

In other news, our base had a Hail & Farewell tonight. I will say, it was pretty entertaining since they had a "Pie In The Face" sort of fundraiser. Now it doesn't sound like much, but basically you can nominate someone to get smushed in the face with a pie. Now, keep in mind, these aren't regular lovely pies. Oh no no.... this is the Air Force. These pies are some sort of demonic nature that's disguised with whip cream on top. It's the stuff under the whip cream that's evil. Oh.. lets say.. SPAM, string cheese.. or ketchup..or god knows what. SO, several guys were nominated throughout the event. For every dollar (I believe), it gives 2 points to that persons name. Well, one of the guys in Eric's shop was nominated..ALOT. To the point where it was down right painful.. 318 points to be exact. That's ALOT of money that was spent so this guy could get a pie in the face. Sounds stupid, right? No... the guy that got the coveted #1 pie more than deserved it. What made it even better was that John volunteered to help with getting peoples dishes during the dinner (roughly 100+ people at this thing), by doing that, he was allowed 100 points to dish it out to whoever he wanted. All 100 points went to the guy with the 318 points, so, that chaulked it up to 418 :)  He wasnt happy about the whole thing (the guy), but ya know what.. there was a reason why everyone in his Flight targeted him so much. I guess you can call it.. hmmm.. Karma :)

0 comments: