Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ohhh la la

Well looky here..it's 2010! I guess 2009 started to become out of style and it was time to switch  some big gears. Seriously, how fast did 2009 fly by?

It's currently..hmm..1:17am here in Belgium. Being my ever so blondy self, I crashed out at the wee hours of 6pm (Yes, I know. I'm a rock star) and I managed to wake up ten minutes after midnight. Atleast Eric stumbled into the bedroom and gave me a sloppy New Years kiss. No, he wasn't drunk.. the room is just pitch black and we normally stub our toes on the bed banisters no matter how hard we try NOT to, lol. That or we trip over our Turkish runner...

My neighbor has been playing "Hey Macarena" for the last almost hour and twenty minutes. I'm going to have to assume they passed out from heavy drinking or let's atleast hope that's the case. That has to be the reason...who the hell can listen to that song that much!? Fireworks are still being shot off in my neck of the woods...atleast I can look out my kitchen window and I can see some of the different towns firing off for their light shows :)

All in all, 2009 was a pretty good year!

I have a few "resolutions" for 2010:

- Average walking 12 miles a week. I know, it sounds like alot..but when you think about it.. that's about 2.3ish miles a day (for 5 days, not 7). Aw hell, let's make it 14 miles a week...that way, I'll just do 2 miles a day for 7 days a week....and lemme clarify: This is for while I'm in the gym..this doesn't include while I'm out and about with my usual routines and errands!

- Less time on Facebook. Why are you laughing? Facebook has become rather addictive, especially since they introduced "Farmville" and "Bouncing Balls". WAY too much of my life has been wasted on that site, although it's helped me stay in touch with friends from back in the states...still...it's sucked MANY hours from my life that I'll never get back. Sadly, I can say that I think it was one of the culprits for making my ass a little wider over this past year *sigh*

- Travel more. Yes, I know I travel as is, but not nearly as much as I want to. Mainly, since Eric works alot, it's hard to get him to actually out of the house (aside from the drive to Schinnen).  So, I'm hoping we'll get out and see more countries since we'll be here for another two years. Sure, it's two years and I know it "sounds" like a long time.....but this first year flew by! Before we know it, we'll be getting orders to move again.. and who's to say our next place won't be stateside? I rather hammer out all my overseas traveling while I'm within a reasonable flight time verses moving all the way back to the states then saying "Man, I really wish we went to Spain..Greece...Ireland...etc".

That's all I can think of in terms of my "resolutions". I hope everyone had / has a happy and fantastic New Years, don't get too drunk cause starting out a brand new year with a hangover isn't exactly thrilling!

Love,
E

*Funny thing is, I'm posting this on January 1st 2010 in MY time, but Blogger begs to differ and says it's Dec. 31st. BOO!*

1 comments:

BelgiumBarb said...

You changed your site again! Love the new look, and this one won't have me running into the kitchen (looking for sweets) like the last one. :0) Hope you have the best New Year ever! 2010 is going to rock! I'll be seeing you at the gym (hopefully) and on the road as well. Europe won't know what hit it!