Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving 2010

I know I know.. we JUST had Thanksgiving not too long ago, lol. We had a fantastic time at a friends house, got to spend it with alot of people we enjoy being with.. but.. it was in Belgium. Sounds funny saying that..ya know.."but it was in Belgium" considering there are people back at home that'd probably kill to spend a Thanksgiving in another country. Given, I LIVE in Belgium and it'd be nice to go experience other things, especially holidays that aren't celebrated in that particular country.

Cue the pretty pictures of dreamy vacation to come:

By the way.. that's the Matterhorn. No, not the Disneyland ride. The REAL Matterhorn!








Thanks to Barb, I have a HUGE itch to go spend next Thanksgiving in Zermatt, Switzerland. Her and her family spent 4 days there and the pictures she brought back were amazing. After trolling through all of her pictures, I think it's safe to say that we're OFFICIALLY going to make it a point to go there for Thanksgiving 2010. From what she was telling me, it's a trip that's arrainged through Spangdahlem AFB that's located in Germany (they're 2 hours from us). I figured if we set aside 200 euro a month starting in January, we'll have the trip money by May (it's roughly a 1,200 euro trip for Eric, John & myself) then we can set aside money throughout the rest of the time up till the trip for play money & souveniers.

Here's Barbs Blog if you wanna check out her spiffy pictures:  Belgium Barb

0 comments: