Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Poland!

Just kidding. 

Although, I really wanna take a trip back over to Poland considering I need to get some more chili pepper stuff (plates, bowls, platters). 

Anyway, one of the "local" bases had a Polish Pottery event today, so John and I went over there (he had the day off from school). They had one of these events a few months ago..landed some cool stuff, but they didn't really have much of a selection considering it's only from the Andy company (very floraly stuff). This time around, the Andy company brought more stuff since they didn't realize last time how high in demand their stuff was (they sold out of everything). 

 (Pictures provided by John)

 (Pictures provided by John)

  (Pictures provided by John)

 SO! The event started at 10a.....John and I got there at 9:40a, lol. I learned my lesson cause last time, that place was bulldozed by tons of women clammering for their beloved pottery. Since we got there so early, it was pretty much me, him, and four other women (aside from the Polish workers). Did a quick run through and picked up the stuff we liked and what we were looking for and cashed out. Then we took a lil more time to go through again and see if there was anything else that we wanted. Ya see...last time, I waited too long to check out and we had to wait in line for about 30-40 minutes cause they didn't have enough people to bubble wrap the pottery that women were buying in bulk.  I reaaaaally didn't wanna wait in like that long since we had other things we wanted to do today. Good thing we did one more sweep since I found an oil bottle that I've been wanting for my kitchen. Anyway, here's the goodies I got:



My little honey jar! It's pretty cool...I love the bee on top :) If you look close enough, you can see a honey comb pattern that's pressed into the actual piece (you can feel it). Loves it! 


I told John to go ahead and pick out a large mug for himself since it's the season to make fatty hot chocolates. Not only that, but we all have our own specific bowls and such for snacks..you know how it is..someone has a favorite cup or something. So, might as well make it very obvious as to who's is who's, lol. 


I pretty much picked this cause it made me think of Christmas in a way.. ya know..Poinsettia's :)


This one is my absolute favorite. Why? I told John to go ahead and pick out a mug for me ...and this is the one he came back with. His reason for it? It's cause it shows how much he loves me with all the different little hearts. Such a suck up, but it worked. LOL. I guess it was the only one in the bunch that was like this, so it's definitely a unique lil mug (I love how chubby it is!)...but it makes it even more special cause he picked it out for me :)


A nice olive oil holder, I love how the top even has something on it! 


Last but not least...I got this:


It's pretty much the most amazing vodka on the planet. It's honey flavored and it's epic. As in, life changing. Last time I went to the pottery thing..there was a guy there sellin' this stuff. I honestly had no desire to buy any, but the only reason I did was because the bottle it came in was pretty nice (VERY thick glass). Well, I took it to several different parties and this stuff is SO good... smooth, but potent. LOL. I figured I might as well get another bottle of it since my other one is almost gone and it was only 40 Euros for it! Woot!

All I need now are some Perogies!

0 comments: