Saturday, October 16, 2010

Splurge

While I was out running some errands yesterday, I stopped off at a cute little shop in Bree called, " De Zoetenijen ". I've gone there before with a friend of mine (a few months ago) and scoped it out, picked up some cute goodies for my porch, then haven't been back since. Work kinda takes a chunk out of my day since it's right in the afternoon, which is when a lot of people wanna hang out or venture out and about. So, I haven't really had a chance to go back there. 

Well, I ended up finding some time with another friend of mine and we stole a few minutes to check the place out to see if there were any new things. Boy oh boy... I left several euros' lighter....


 They had an adorable tea set the last time I was there, but I didn't get it considering the teapot was fairly small as well as the cups. I mean, if the teapot itself was larger, I would've totally bought it. Well, this time, the store had restocked with larger mugs. They even came with their own little tea saucer! I fell inlove with it all over again considering it's totally  "me" with the ornate design, plus they're large for those nights where you wanna cuddle up on the couch with a large cup of hot chocolate or tea :)


I snatched one up as well as my friend...the gal who owns the place told us that we could put our goodies on the counter till we were ready to check out. Secretly, I think that's a little ploy on her part so our hands are free to buy more junk. It worked. 

I found this cool Tea jar! One side says "Tea" while the other has the fancy way "The' ". It looks like it's just decorative, but it actually has a sealed lid so your tea doesn't dry out...EXCELLENT!



Since I've been on a real honey kick lately, I was looking throughout the "treats" section of the store to see what they had. They have all sorts of jams, marmalade's, sauces, seasonings.. the lady of the store really reccomended this particular jar since it's thinner and perfect for tea. When I got home with it, I took a lil nip of it and ...wowsa, it's awesome! I went back for a second hit and Eric said, "Whoa there, Pooh-Bear!" , LOL. I guess I'll have to watch myself with this stuff since it's pretty epic.


Since my shopping wing man was still shopping around after I picked out my honey, I figured I'd do one last walk through before we left. No harm, right?

Ugh.

They had a cookbook holder I've been hunting for!! SERIOUSLY!? I've been searching for one for quite some time, but the ones I find are either really flimsy, way too heavy (iron) or bamboo material, which is not what I wanted. This one actually has page weights (yesssss!) and is sturdy enough to hold heavy cookbooks! I'm in love! 
* * PS: The cookie cookbook I have pictured on the stand is UH-Mazing and highly recommend it. So, here's the link to it on Amazon if you're interested. * *


Once I pulled it off the shelf, gave it good thorough hug and a giddy squeal, it was time to cash out and get the hell out of there..otherwise, I'd have A LOT of explaining to do once I got home.  While the gal was ringing me up, I was looking over her chocolate bar cause everything, frankly, looked quite awesome and so not diet friendly... I noticed a jar of chocolate hedgehogs. They were freaking adorable! So, I snagged a few of 'em..they looked so pitiful in the jar. They needed a good home! 


Well...when I say, "They need a good home"... I actually meant that they belong in my belly. 


At least it was a quick death. 

:)

2 comments:

❤Mrs. J said...

How cute! i love that cookbook stand. How much was it? I've been looking for one forever too.

Erika said...

It was about 17€! Not a bad price considering I've seem some at other places (cheaper looking) for 40€!