Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Deadsies

* SIGH *

I'm rather annoyed right now because my Blackberry has officially bit the dust. Given, I assisted it with it's current condition..call me "butter fingers" if you want... but I'm just annoyed that one simple drop caused it to completely die.

 Sure, it still turns on. Fabulous, right? No. 


See where it says "Insert SIM Card"? Well, my SIM card IS in my phone, but the phone isn't recognizing it. I've restarted my Blackberry multiple times, removed the battery, prayed to the cell phone gods and whatever mumbo jumbo I gotta do to make it resume regular functions...alas, nothing works. The other arrow is pointing to the cell phone reception, which says "SOS", so I can only place calls for the police if there's a genuine emergency. Otherwise, I have a hunk of technology I can't even use. Even the tech guys at the local cell phone store told me I'm pretty much shit outta luck, but in Belgian, of course.

SO, now I'm gonna have to significantly drop my standards when it comes to a cell phone and go back to my ultra basic Nokia that I got when we first came to Belgium. I hate it. Gawd, I hate it. Nevermind the fact I gotta find the stupid charger cables for the thing...


 Why not just buy another phone, you ask?  They're not cheap here! Just for a lil beater like the one I have, it's a minimum of 60 euro ( roughly $85) and I really don't feel like spending that on a beater, especially if I already have a beater to use. Eric and I wanna get an iPhone 5 when they come out later this year, but MAYBE...just MAYBE they'll be reasonably priced (well, as reasonable as it can be) while I'm in the States and pick 'em up while I'm over there verses getting them in Belgium where they'll be a minimum 800 euros a piece ( we're talking roughly $1,144, per phone, people). I have absolutely NO intention on paying that much for something that's going to get banged up in my purse.

Meh, whatever. Thanks, life!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww I'm sad! I've been texting you this week? Is your itouch MIA again?