Friday, June 10, 2011

Inkydinkydoodah

For the last...hmmm...five or six years, I've been wanting to get another tattoo. Yes, another. Some people don't even know I have two because 1). They're not out in the open. 2). I don't flash 'em. I got my first one when I was eighteen, got the typical butterfly with tribal design..and yes, it's across my lower back.  Please don't refer to it as a "tramp stamp".. I'm not a tramp by any means & it's so irritating (never mind insulting) when it's referred to as that. On my twenty third (or was it twenty second) birthday, I went and got little wings put on my back. The only time anyone saw those was when I happened to wear a dress..and I'm not very girly by any means, so I rarely wore a dress.

On my wedding day, my Dad saw my wings for the first time because they poked out just above the back of my dress...apparently he wasn't very pleased, then again, I wasn't worried about it. It's my body. I'm an adult and it was my decision. Then again, I'm sure he was relieved that it wasn't bleeding skulls or my name scrolled across my shoulders, lol. Surprisingly enough, my Grandma actually really liked the wings ( go figure! ) ..here's the picture she saw them in for the first time:


Just a lil bit of ink showing, but I received a lot of compliments on it because it worked perfectly with my wedding dress. Grandma gave me a "thumbs up", so it's not all that bad, right? :) 

Anyway, like I said..I've been thinking about getting another piece done. But this piece will actually be visible, especially if I wear a t-shirt or tank top. On my left arm (shoulder and bicep area), I've been wanting to get various flowers done, but not just any type. The different flowers would signify my family:

Sweet Pea & Daisy - Grandma
Chrysanthemum - Grandpa (my birth flower as well, three days apart)
Gladiolus & Poppy - Mom and Eric (their birthdays are only four days apart)
Larkspur - Dad as well as my wedding anniversary month ( only four days apart as well!)

I'm a VERY colorful person, so I definitely intend on this piece having a lot of color and *pop*...almost lifelike if it's possible. I've been working on sketches here and there to figure out how I want them laid out. For sure, I know I want water involved with it since I'm a "water baby"...I grew up next to the water and have always been near it no matter where I moved. Now that I'm not remotely close to MY ocean, I miss it terribly! So, now I'm on a mission to have this piece done..I'm rather set on it being on my upper arm, but I'll experiment before hand to see if I like it on my leg (calf) or somewhere else on my body, but, I'm pretty sure I want it on my arm as a partial sleeve. 

Since I'm a pretty conservative gal, I'm not worried about "flashing" it whenever the time comes for me to interview for a job whenever we go back to the States. Besides, I normally wore long sleeved blouses / shirts anyway!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the idea! I think that you should get it on your upper arm! It's so fem and pretty, plus when you interview like you said you can wear long sleeves and these days people don't look down on tats like they used to. I still want my first one, but oh so scared!