Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Why, Mother Nature? Why?

The weather here has been "ridonkulous" as of late. I mean..come on. It's towards the end of JUNE. I've seen the sun a grand total of..hmm..two times (briefly, might I add) in the last week and a half.

Photobucket

Given, I'd rather take *this* over insanely hot and humid days, but I'd LOVE it if we had a few solid days of gorgeous sunshine and in the mid 70's.

I had a few errands to run today, so since it wasn't raining outside...in fact, it was lightly overcast..I figured I'd ride my bike to get everything done. Peddled into town, got my paperwork mailed off that needed to be done AND I was able to stop into my towns gemeente (town hall) to double check on my California drivers license. When we moved here, I had to register in my town..and when you do that, in order to get a Belgian drivers license like I have, you have to give them your stateside license till you move out of your town / country. Since I'll be home for two months, I wanted to make sure my license, by chance, didn't expire or else it was going to be a major pain in the ass to take care of once I got settled in. For my fellow Californians..especially my peeps in Monterey County, I know you completely understand my desire to NOT deal with the DMV, mainly the Salinas facility. Luckily for me, my license doesn't expire for another year...SO.. all I gotta do when it's time to fly out is go back to the gemeente, switch out my Belgian license with my California one and I'm good to go! Once I come back to Belgium, I just switch 'em out again. *WHEW*

Photobucket

Once I finished up there, I figured I'd bike over to the tanning place and get some "rays" since I'm going every other day. On my way there, I noticed the clouds got a lil darker and the wind started to pick up. Meh, nothing to worry about! It didn't look like it was gonna rain anytime soon! So, I did my regular session, BS'd with the gal that owns the place since she has a really cute jewelry store (there's a few pieces in there I got my eye on) and..guess what? 

Photobucket

Yup. Downpour.

I tried to wait it out for a little bit, but it's like it got worse and worse. Oh yeah, keep in mind that I was wearing jeans, lightweight shirt and flip flops, LOL. I happened to pack my zip up Heineken hoodie, but since it wasn't water proof, it only "kinda" helped me. So, by the time I made it home, I looked like this: 

Photobucket

See what I get for being productive?

Thanks, Mother Nature!

0 comments: