Saturday, June 4, 2011

Movie Time!

It's been quite some time since Eric & I have had a movie date. A LONG time, actually. The last movie I remember seeing in the theater with him was...hmmm.....Prince of  Persia? Even then, my Dad was with us, lol. We've been meaning to go out and catch a flick here and there, but we usually get caught up with some place we wanna travel to, dealing with John & his irresponsibility which we end up paying for, or we just don't feel like going anywhere.

WELL! Today was the day! Not only did we see one movie..in fact, we saw two! Yessssss! 



*For reference, please forgive the crappiness of the pictures. They're from Eric's cell phone since I wasn't exactly willing to lug my Canon with me. It was bad enough that the movie staff was staring at me like I was some weirdo for taking pics with a phone.*

Oh, and there's SO many reasons why I love going to the movies here verses in the States:

You can go to a kiosk when you first walk into the theater lobby and find which particular movie you want to see. The screen will display all the movies & their show times, and whether or not it's a digital or 3D movie.


They have assigned seating here. I LOVE it! The cool thing with the kiosk is that you can actually see a display of the theater you're sitting in and can actually pick out your seats! LOVE that! You don't have to worry about rushing to find "the best" seat or any of that mess..and..it even shows you which seats aren't available so you can figure out where else you wanna sit. 

 
Just in case you don't wanna mess with a kiosk (or don't have a bank card, which is what they use), then you can go up to the counter and purchase your tickets the old fashioned way.


Then, there's the snack bar. It's all self serving! You don't have to stand in these ridiculously long lines to order a container of popcorn or nachos. They even have a candy bar where you can fill up baggies of whatever sugar coma causing concoction you'd like! Oh, and you know you're in a European theater if they offer beer, wine coolers and wine ...


Stadium seating! Yes, I know they have 'em in the States, but the seats are larger (very comfy) and there's a lot of leg room so if someone has to "inch" past you..they're not plowing into your knee caps!


Ahhhhhhh...
Oh yeah...one more thing...they have intermissions! YES! AWESOME! Half way through the movie, they cue an intermission so people can scamper off to get more goodies, stretch their legs, grab a smoke or visit the bathroom. It's definitely something I've grown to appreciate
So, yes. European movie theaters rock my socks and I'll be VERY sad whenever it's time to move back to the States. Even when my Dad was here last summer, he thoroughly enjoyed his movie experiences over here MUCH better than he did when he finally got back home. Ahhhh...all in all, today was a fabulous movie date day with the hubbs :)

1 comments:

Teddi said...

Not sure what I think of them pausing the movie in the middle, but the rest of that sounds awesome!